“Crowded and warm”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Reasonably priced fixed dinners. Too much food which one doesn't say about Parisian restaurants too often. Found ourselves crowded into the smallish space in a somewhat noisy and warm environment. Attention of the staff was divided and haphazard. Food was interesting but not stunning. I became violently ill later that night which I suspect was caused by the almost raw scallops. Who knows. This place was recommended by several alleged tourist blogs but I felt it may have been orchestrated.

1  Thank RHSSantaBarbara_CA

Reviewed 7 August 2011

So, we had been travelling around Europe for a while and on our way to the hotel we were stayn at we would pass by this restaurant which had its share of activity every night. On our last night in Paris we decided to give it a try (never be so adveturous on your last night as ir will mark your vacation for a long time to come). At first we were positive about the place, clean, nicely decorated and the owner even greeted us and promptly gave us a table. Once we were settled and decided to order we were met by the fabled arrogance which has plagued so many parisienne stories. Since we had been eating out for a couple of weeks, we were kind of full and had ben sharing dishes and decided to share here too.The owner who took our order was blatenly angry that we wanted to share and said something to the likes of ..."Thers isss no chering i moi restoirant" and left our table...he was tardly replaced by an ordinary waiter who took our "shared" request. I remember the food beng just ok...marred by an experience that overshdows the culinay experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The hotel recommended and we quite enjoyed our evening. The food was delicious and the dining room was very relaxing. Service was excellent. I will return.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

We had a good meal here on a saturday night. We felt very welcome, and recived good service through out. One of the todays specials was very good, lobster and veal in a lovely gravy. The other dish (minced duck with mashed potatoes) and the desserts was also good, but not extraordinary. All in all a decent experience, allthough a bit pricey.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

We ate here on a Saturday night at the end of march.
The restaurant does a 'special' menu for 25€ which includes a glass of wine, main course, starter or desert and a coffee. I think this is excellent value for Paris and the quality of the food!
The service was fantastic, we speak very little French but this was not a problem and the waiter who spoke excellent English explained the menu to us. He was very happy to do this and made us feel very welcome.
I ate oysters to start and salmon with a broccoli cream sauce and potatoes for my main. The salmon was some of the best Iv eaten, moist and cooked to perfection, the sauce and potatoes were also delicious. My husband ate green beans with shrimps to start and veal for his main course - he also thought the food was delicious.
We also had a bottle of wine, I think it was the house white. A White Bourgogne which was very nice.
Would definitely recommend this restaurant to others!

1  Thank Ali2703