“Quaint, Charming and special...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
lzangoui
Brooklyn, New York
“Quaint, Charming and special...”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I work in the service industry and do not take the time to write reviews on service unless i feel it was exceptional and noteworthy. My partner and I were traveling to Paris for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. After weeks of looking through mounds and mounds of overpriced hotels and/or hotels outside of central Paris, i decided to check out apartment rentals through Tripadvisor. I found this little gem and fell in love with the photos. My review will definitely speak to the actual apartment itself, however what was noteworthy was the service i experienced from Naomi and Alexandra. The apartment is a corner apartment in central Paris in La Marais. Lots of cute restaurants and shops around and only steps away from the Notre Dame. Spectacular large windows, a fully functional artist' loft, and a bathtub. I must say I am a bathtub girl, and how better to come back from a relaxing day of sightseeing than to an amazing bubble bath. The apartment was fully equipped with anything you will need on a vacation (i.e. full kitchen, appliances, wifi, etc).

As mentioned prior, the service we received from Naomi was impeccable. An absolute pleasure to work with and extremely detailed with all pertinent information. From the moment i inquired about the apartment up until we left Paris, Naomi and Alexandra were ready and available to assist us with any and all needs we might have had. One evening my partner and I did not know how to turn on heating in the apartment. I sent Naomi an email and she replied right away and made herself available to us. Unfortunately, my partner and i found some Parisians to be unfriendly and not easily approachable, however THIS was stellar and exceptional service to me. Thank you Naomi and Alexandra for making this stay such a spectacular one for me and my partner. We will DEFINITELY be seeing you soon!

Liked best: The service
Liked least: Bedding/ Sheets
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
melissl77
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 13 November 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Absolutely loved our stay in the Artist's Studio. Naomi met us on arrival and made sure we had everything we needed - coffee, spices, etc. The apartment is fully stocked and perfectly situated. Very close to Notre Dame and the river. Delicious restaurants nearby are open late. The neighborhood is safe and full of locals. We left the windows open for most of our visit. We enjoyed the natural light and decor - very romantic. Lots of room to spread out - much larger than I expected. The bathtub was even big enough for 2 :). We will definitely stay here again.

Liked best: Location, size, decor, our hostess - Naomi
Families with young children
janZ9215L...
Auckland, New Zealand
“A most convenient location, which met all our expectations.”
Reviewed 26 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

The steep winding stairs to the second floor did not bother us; we are 67 years of age and reasonably fit.
So taking our luggage in and out was not an issue.
Each evening we threw open our windows and welcomed in the ambience of Paris by night. The apartment was very warm and comfortable.
A very handy location, cafes at street level or within easy walk for dining options.
Supermaket 150 metres away, well stocked for home meals. Dry cleaner withiin 1 block.
Pharmacy (good English) almost opposite.
Metro station a few minutes away. We walked to most tourist locations and just loved walking along the River Seine.
Would happily return to this apartment.

Liked best: Location and independence
Liked least: No negatives.
Iowa City Iowa
Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
11 Jul 2013
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about this - and very sorry that I didn't get to meet you, especially since there had apparently been this problem of which I was not aware. While the cafe smells do often come into the staircase, I have never been aware of them in the apartment - and their awning protects us from any of the odeurs that might rise from the tables just below. I am very sorry it has apparently detracted from your appreciation of the apartment - I do always say that if there are problems, I really hope to be made aware of them while I can do something for you - but in this case, I'm not sure what I could have done even if you had called me. If the apartment is not cleaned to your liking, I never ask questions - I would send the cleaning lady back. Fumes from the cafe - that would admittedly be harder for me to ameliorate. I do hope you found other things pleasurable during your stay with us! Best regards, Naomi
MelanieCo...
Burlington, Canada
“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

We had an amazing visit in Paris! The location of the apartment was perfect. We loved the neighbourhood; there were plenty of shops and restaurants near by and we were within walking distance of many tourist attractions.
The apartment was very cute and had beautiful windows.
Naomi you made our visit amazing! Thank you so much for everything!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Grainneog
Ireland
“In a word - Fab”
Reviewed 24 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Can there be a better location for an apartment? We stayed in Amelie's Eyes for our children's first trip to Paris (having journeyed there many times as a couple) - a completely different Parisian experience but this apartment definitely made it much easier for us.
It was fantastic to be able to while away the hours sipping a coffee and watching the masses go by, listen to the buskers, watch the carousel go round - to really feel the atmosphere of the Sacre Coeur without having to push through crowds to do so. Yes, it is a very noisy area but that was the most enjoyable part about it, while relaxing in this extremely comfortable apartment we could not feel like we were 'missing out' on Paris while allowing our children to have a rest from the incessant walking that is inherent in any trip to Paris (which I love but unfortunately my nine and ten year old boys do not - come to think of it, neither does my husband!)
Like previous reviewers we found this apartment to be small (though palatial by Paris standards!) but perfectly formed. The free wi-fi was a fantastic bonus in helping us plan our trips for the following day.
Naomi (the owner) was a dream to deal with and Alexandra who met us was really helpful and pleasant too.
Great for a couple, and fine for a small family too! - all in all a great stay!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: The main bed wasn't hugely comfortable but was fine
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Families with young children
Vegibores
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“A fantastic alternative to a Paris hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Owner Naomi has done a fantastic job in creating a beautifully presented and fully equipped apartment with everything you could possibly need during your stay.

Compared to the Paris hotel we stayed in last year for around the same price, you get much more SPACE for your money here!!! It's been very well designed to maximise space, and has a clever sliding partition to separate the bedroom area from the living room. The bathroom was extremely clean and had that new feeling. It was very funky with beautiful mosaic tiles and had a great shower over the bath.

The apartment is in a great location and perfect for a bit of people watching! It does get busy around the surrounding streets as it's bang in the middle of a main tourist attraction but this only adds to the whole experience of living like a Parisian.

Whilst we didn't meet Naomi in person we spoke on the phone a couple of times and she was very helpful. I would definitely book Amelie's Eyes again or one of her other apartments when we return to Paris.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing