“Patisserie heaven”
Review of Laduree

Laduree
Reserve with
Laduree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #404 of 18,126 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Description: "AN EXEMPLARY BACKGROUND - the history of Parisian tea rooms is closely linked to the history of the Ladurée family. Everything began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, man of the Southwest of France, miller of his state, created a bakery that became a pastry shop, at 16, rue Royale in Paris. The highly theatrical decoration will be entrusted to Jules Cheret. THE FEMININE TOUCH - under the second empire, with the development of Parisian cafes, Jeanne Souchard, wife of Ernest Ladurée, had the idea of mixing genres: the café and pastry shop, giving birth to one of the first of the great Parisian salons. INFINITELY MORE THAN A PASTRY SHOP - this place full of history with a refined atmosphere charmed David Holder and his father Francis, founder of the Holder group. They decided to buy and then promote and expand the famous Establishment, the Mecca of Parisian culinary creation."
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This place was amazing my type of heave as I have the nick name spuds for my enjoyment of all things sweet.

The selection of cakes was amazing, and the setting seemed very traditional and what we expected in its setting.

A must visit if you like all things sweet.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

On the recommendation of our hotel, we walked over to Laduree and was very happy with the selection. Great cafe au lait. The chocolate in the pain au chocolat was very rich and it wasn't too oily. The french toast was to die for. It was very moist yet creamy like an English pudding. We will certainly be going back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The place looks so inviting and elegant, one can't resist but enter. We had eaten in some moderate and high priced eateries in Paris, and they were worth it. But the prices for chocolates and macaroons in Laduree were outrageous. Paying almost 2 Euro for a single bite size macaroon didn't make sense. We could only justify the croissants and ended up leaving the store with two of them. Just to make it even, when we returned to the States, I bought a dozen frozen macaroons at Trader Joe's for $3.99 and enjoyed them immensely. So, this will be my significant moment of Paris. And I love Paris.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Laduree is a must go when in Paris if you haven't been before. It has a long history and is renowned for it's macaroons. The service is very French but the patisseries are delicious and worth going for. My partner had the Tart tatin and asked for vanilla ice cream with it. They were both incredible. The ice cream so rich with vanilla and the Tart so delicate. I had a large raspberry macaroon with salted caramel and apple. It was lovely but I should have gone for something with chocolate as I cannot get enough of it. But I was trying to be adventurous. However this meant I took a chocolate éclair with me and it was definitely worth it. The macaroon list is endless and if you go you should take some away with you. I would also recommend the coffee!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very good pastries, Macarons, Eclairs and such.
You feels like aristocrat for one hour, enjoy the sweet life this place has to offer while staying in Paris.
Highly recommended!!!