“truely authentic french dining”
Review of Le 14 Juillet

Le 14 Juillet
Reserve a table
Tue, 8/3
20:00
Ranked #608 of 18,704 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: 14th Arr. - Observatoire
Reviewed 24 November 2016

we hoped to dine in a restaurant that offered typical french eating and were not disappointed. The whole experience was top class, from the service we received, to the fare served to us.
A tad expensive possibly, but probably on par with prices you will have to pay when you visit Paris.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (539)

Reviewed 3 November 2016

I first visited Le 14 Juillet with my family in 2000. It was 15 years later that I visited Paris again, and my wife and I had a most pleasant dinner. The older review will cover this. This time we were in the area for lunch.

We started with a layered eggplant, tomato, goat cheese dish. The plate was decorated with drops of balsamic vinegar and a basil-infused olive oil. The combination was quite delightful. This was followed by duck confit with roasted potatoes, which was also very good. The two courses together qualified for the lunch special and so this combo was 14 Euros per person, an absolute bargain. Back home in Berkeley, you would pay two or three times this amount. We ordered the same 2007 Saint Estephe that we had had a year or so earlier, and it was still delightful, and if I had it in my own cellar I would age it for a few more years before trying another bottle. It has a lot of life left in it.

Overall, another very pleasant meal. I am glad to see the restaurant is popular with a wide spectrum of customers as it makes it likely that it will still be operating the next time we return to Paris.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Andreas G
Reviewed 28 October 2016

This great restaurant is near Porte Varnes Flea Market. We were there on a Sunday and loved this small, friendly place with great food. For starters, our waitress, Jennifer, went over every item on their blackboard menu - explaining what was in EVERY dish. Exceptional. Our grandson Drew had beef tartare, I had the chicken special and Donna had a salad with eggs and chicken. We had dessert too and Jennifer brought over a free glass of Bordeaux wine. Nice touch. BTW, we found 14 through Yelp. It was rated with two euros and four stars - inexpensive with good quality!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Everything was great, we were in a huge group and they manage to fit us in a comfortable place. Despite we stayed until 15:00 they were always incredible friendly.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We were greeted by a very freindly waitress who really made myself, son and daughter feel welcome. All of the menu was explained in detail and nothing was too much trouble, even when we asked for a smaller portion of a menu variation meal for my daughter. The porc sharing platter starter was fantastic, however the best main course was the swordfish on egg tagliatelle with fresh salsa and basil oil, excellent! A great start to our short stay in Paris, thank you 14em Juillet.

Date of visit: August 2016