“Loved it!”

Havanita
Ranked #5,035 of 16,841 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, South American, Central American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Sydney, Australia
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

In the area on a Saturday night, looking for a bite and a drink in a cosy little corner and stumbled upon this place. It was a little bit crowded, tables very close to each other (which bothers my partner more than I) but it had a great cosy atmosphere. We were there for happy hour (which went for many hours, until 9pm actually!) so had a couple of half price cocktails. The waiter who looked after us very friendly and spoke great english (always a bonus in France).

We had a sharing starter plate, which had a few things to try and then some steak, which was delicious and tender.

Overall a great experience and I would go back in a second!

Visited April 2013

San Francisco, California
“Surprisingly good food, festive atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Chose this restaurant while walking down Rue de Lappe because it looked busy, and was pleasantly surprised with a delicious meal. The mojitos might have been a bit on the small side, but were good, and were made with actual sugar rather than taking a shortcut and using simple syrup, which made them more flavorful and authentic. For dinner I ordered the "grilled chicken with exotic flavors", which turned out to be a half chicken with a delicious semi-spicy sauce, rice and fried plantains. And despite it being a generous portion, I found myself sopping up every last bit of the sauce with my bread at the end of the meal, because it was that delicious.

The atmosphere was festive, and the service was reasonably friendly and attentive. If you find yourself looking for a nice alternative to bistro food while in Paris, I recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 415traveller
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Atmosphere. Ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

The food was ok, not great. Picadillo was bland and dry. Atmosphere was a lot of fun; however, I had eaten there several years and the food was much better back then.....think I will wait to eat there again and just stick with drinks and the music for now.

Sanur, Indonesia
“Little bit of Cuba”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stumbled across this gem in Bastille and walked in being immediately taken with the decor, friendly staff and great music. We loved the worn leather chairs!
The food was gorgeous and we discovered happy hour on the cocktails - a great Mojito is made here! We continued to return throughout our stay and every time were welcomed warmly.

• Visited January 2013
Roros, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to eat and for drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were out eating for the 2nd night in Paris when we came across this gem of a restaurant in the Bastille area. The food was amazing and so were their drinks. There were a lot of people there since it was a Friday night, so it was quite buzzy. The place is spilt up into one area for the restaurant and another if you just want to have drinks. It is a place that I definetly would come back to eat at if I'm ever going to Paris again.

• Visited September 2012