“Disapointment” 3 of 5 bubbles

Havanita
Ranked #4,575 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, South American, Central American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Pearce, Arizona
“Disapointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I first ate at Havanita back in 2004 and had wonderful chicken dish that was smothered in delicious sauce. I made a special point of returning on my second trip to Paris in 2014, well my chicken was so average and the sauce so lifeless that I was convinced the kitchen staff had been hired from the local Safeway supermarket deli counter. My partner, who I had talked into going, paid for the dinner. She got the credit card bill, it came $75.00. When comes to food I don't mind paying more when the food is above average which was not the case at Havenita. I had really been looking forward to my return, the last time I ate at Havenita it was the best meal I had had in Paris, this time, it was the worst.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Not what expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant surely was one of our many frustration with food. We live in Puerto Rico and surely we know what Cuban food is all about. The music and decoration is OK but the food is terrible and far away of what Cuban food is. The tables are set up more to a pub not restaurant ..so its very uncomfortable to dine here and the taste of food is definite not Cuban so don't let the marketing confuse you!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chester
“Fantastic food, bit too crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for Valentine's Day and had read several reviews before coming so were prepared for the restaurant to be crowded and especially on Valentine's Day.
However, the tables were so very close together you really do feel like you are dining with the people on either side of you. It was so hard to hear eachother and to get in to the seat, the waiter had to pull the table right out which wasn't great.

Despite this, the food was absolutely amazing! Good value (17 euros average for a main) and because it was Valentine's Day they had even baked the bread in little heart shapes and had real rose petals scattered on the table, lovely little touches. Big portions and very very good quality. Would definitely go again and would strongly recommend, but if it is for an intimate, cosy meal then do be aware of the close proximity of the next tables!

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great place well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We were so happy to find this Cuban place. We spent other nights eating the typical over prices French food, which wasn't as satisfying. The menu at Havanita is great, you know you are in for a decent and delicious meal. We had 3 x Poulete Fermier Grille (exotic seasoned chicken, rice and plantains) €16.80 each and 1 x Brochettes D'agneau (lamb shish with rice and vegetable stir fry) €17. The restaurant had great atmosphere and Cuban music, we enjoyed this as a family. Would go back again. It is just 5 mins from Bastille station. It is on a stretch of road with other bars and dinning places.

• Visited August 2013
“AMAZING MOJITOS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We literally wandered into this gem walking down restaurant row looking for a place to eat. The vibe inside the restaurant was sexy and fun. Everybody looked like they were having a ball. And the food looked and smelled amazing.
The mojitos were the best I have had and I ordered five of them. They were consistently good everytime. I ordered the baked chicken with plantains. Sooooooo good. The music was great and they had air conditioning--which helps in late july. They also have a nice bar if you are only interested in the mojitos!

• Visited July 2013