“Nice, but not that special. Had better in Paris”

Les Cocottes de Christian Constant
Reserve with
Les Cocottes de Christian Constant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #654 of 17,169 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Hong Kong
“Nice, but not that special. Had better in Paris”
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Went hear for dinner on the night my hubby and I arrived in Paris, 19th June. The decor is modern, but everyone had to sit on high stools. (After a day of tours and walking I would have prefered a cumfy sofa seat.) Hearing/seeing so many rave reviews, we were wanting to try at least one of Constant's restaurants and picked this one for it's modern take on food. The price was very reasonable, for Paris standards. One waiter spoke English, he was the busiest and quite helpful. Everything was presented well and the food was fresh produce. We started off with a Kir apperitif. Their famous Ceasar salad was not as great as expected, but not bad - no anchoves. It was even a big portion for my husband. The soup with prawn was tasty, but salty. The beef my husband had was tender and delicious, as where the accompanying baby potatoes. My chicken with a light creamy soup sauce was very nice, but I couldn't finish the 2 pieces of chicken in the pot. No dessert as we were full. We are not big eaters, but ate as much as we could. It was good, but not great. Will have to try Cafe Constant next time I go to Paris.

2 Thank TanaMana

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Essex
“What a cracker”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

How this place isn't rated No1 is just a mystery. Alright, you can't book in advance but the fact that there are locals willing to queue to wait for a table tells you everything. Some of the tastiest food we've eaten anywhere. They've got this spot on.

1 Thank GregEssex
Grosse Pointe Park, MI
“Delicious food, good atmosphere, nice price”
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Went here with my 18 year old son on a recent trip to Paris. We were staying nearby so first tried to get into Cafe Constant but there was a wait so we walked a few doors down and decided to give this a try. We didn't know anything about the place but it looked nice and we could see some open seats. The hostess seated us at the bar right next to her ordering station. My French isn't too good but we managed to communicate and place an order for some water, lamb main courses and wine. I also ordered asparagus soup. She recommnded the wine based on our lamb choice and it was delicious. A short while later the waiter brought us each a salad which we started to eat. We then saw the hostess/waitress look over at us, then talk to the waiter who looked horrified and realized we were eating someone else's salads. There was nothing that could be done about it at that point - we apologized profusely (desole!) explaining that salads are a common starter with American meals and we thought they were ours. (After all the waiter did put them in front of us.) They said no worries. The salad was incredible. They next brought my soup and 2 spoons so my son could share, it was delicious. Our lamb was a long time in coming but they kept us updated and we ordered another carafe of wine. Once it came is was worth the wait and we ate every bite. We declined dessert since it was close to midnight. When they gave us our bill we were suprised to see that they had not charged us for one of the carafes of wine - our hostess explained because they had taken so long. So not only did we get free accidental salads, they comped us a wine also. We enjoyed every minute we were there - people watching and just watching the busy wait staff bustle about. They kept us informed and were attentive if a bit slow. Our meal was a reasonable $65 euros for two. Highly recommended. Much better then our experience the next night at Cafe Constant (see my other review).

2 Thank Kimkam26
Cincinnati
“One of the best in Paris”
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I found a restaurant list the night before we left for Paris. It listed the 20 best restaurants in Paris. This restaurant was just a few blocks from our hotel. It only ranked second to the meal that we had at the Jules Verne. It was a heck of a lot cheaper, though! The food was absolutely delicious! The service was fast, friendly and efficient. We were the only people that looked as if they were visitors to Paris. Every one else looked like they were on their way home from work. The restaurant was packed with people but not so much that you felt crowded and uncomfortable. I will absolutely go back to this restaurant.

1 Thank QueenMimi
Tokyo, Japan
“Excellent food, excellent value for money, great service”
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This is the first restaurant review I have written and I felt obliged to write one because the restaurant was such a pleasant find in a big city with too many restaurants on offer with a high price tag. This place has one of the best food ever and was excellent value for money! We had the appetizer of the day and the entree of the day (fish dish) plus a bowl of soup and a chocolate cake (?) for dessert. Every thing we ordered was absolutely delicious. I can't remember exactly but we paid less than 80 euros and that also included a sparkling water and a glass of wine. Our server spoke English. All the waitresses serving us were great. Go at 7pm or earlier to avoid waiting.

2 Thank aria