“Good food as expected but very rude staff!”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #2,588 of 17,522 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had brunch twice in "Le pain quotidien" restaurant located in Rue Montorgueil. We trusted the brand as they have restaurants in Brussels and also one in St. Pancras station in London.
The food was good as expected, we had no problem with that, what was very wrong was the rudeness of the staff and the very low level of customer service.
The first day they gave us the wrong bill, luckily my girlfriend realised that and we could get the money back as I had paid a lot more than the due. It was annoying though that the guy wasn't able to action a charge back on my card so he gave me cash instead.
The second time we went to the same branch in Rue Montorgueil (the day after) we asked to sit on the second floor but the guy behind the counter said "just no! It's closed!"...funny enough he allowed people upstairs just 10 minutes after having told us that the second floor was closed, other little things happened in terms of service (they didn't give us cutlery, incorrect orders taken...but that's not the point)...however as we are very tolerant people we just went back for the 3rd time the following morning; the place has a very convenient location. The first floor was packed with people so we asked again to sit on the 2nd floor but the "NO!!!" we received from the woman behind the counter was so rude that we decided to leave and find a better place where customer were treated "just" a bit better...that wasn't too difficult really. Food is good in that restaurant but the way they spoke to us and generally treated us was just unacceptable. There are better places in Paris where you can spend your money. Avoid this one!!!

There are newer reviews for Le Pain Quotidien

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was how I greeted my waiter every morning on my way to metro St Sulpice. "Deux croissantes avec du beurre et un cafe creme, tres fort et tres chaud, s'il vous plait." Gilles didn't mind my wonky French and by the end of two weeks he finally understood my petit dejeuner order. Le Pain Quotidien is actually one of a chain (I'm familiar with one in Sydney), but you might think this is your local village boulangerie. The classical music playing discretely in the background is a plus. On my way home I would detour to buy a baguette for 1.30 euro (and chew the end off just like a real Parisienne) and perhaps an eclair or tarte. Somehow the Sydney le Pain Quotidien is not quite the same. Merci, Gilles.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

stopped by for a Sunday brunch...

the waiter was not clean...I mean u could smell him arriving or passing by your table...

price...
30eur for yogurt, salami, egg , coffee and jams.... doesn't represent a good deal at all

1  Thank bio84
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A good friend told us, if you go to Paris don't you dare not to go to "Le Pain Quotidiene" for brunch. He was so right!!!
We had the best brunch ever!
It was a huge plate only with organic and bio ingredients with incredible taste.
The coffee and the juices were also very nice and the top of the top was the selection of different bio jams in many fruit flavors.
it was a unique experience! You must definately go!

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here for a late breakfast around 11am on a Sunday. Would recommend getting a table on the street level (not the lower floor) since the atmosphere is a lot more vibran. The room downstairs is a bit dull in comparison - you may have to wait for 10-15 mins for a table at busy times.

I thought the brunch menu prices of around 25€ per head was expensive so instead went for the 9,95€ breakfast consisting of croissant, breads, coffee and a glass of fresh juice. It was reasonable value for money and most products are organic. Croissants and pastries were served warm and are delicious. Their home made jams (fig/raspberry) were amazing and my girlfriend loved the white chocolate spread!

A busy, bustling café in a central spot near the Moulin Rouge and Sacré-Cœur/Montmartre. I would definitely return.