“No no no don't go”

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #2,902 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Barcelona, Spain
“No no no don't go”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Good decoration, bad customer service, bad quality food, very noisi. A place not very confortable, there ara much better places in paris than this ! So don't go !

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Netanya, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Selection of Breakfast Menus”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

As almost everything is organic, it is (a)very fresh indeed but (b)not exactly cheap. They have a wide variety of pastries and a selection of breakfast menus (well, brunch) to accommodate every need, and you can add on the side eggs, bread etc. We had the Royal menu, which has lots of cheese and meats, coffee and juice, bread and pastries and various spreads. In my opinion, as an organic place, they should offer more vegetables with such a meal, but everything was very good and fresh, the place is high-ceilinged and beautifully designed.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Rue Lepic”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We found this awesome place on our last day in Paris- Rue Lepic. My wife and I regret that we didn't find this place any earlier. After a week of trying different Parisian restaurants and coffee shops, we found this one to be excellent for our taste - rustic but modern design, youngish clientele and great food. The food selection is good, very good ambiance, good customer service. I would highly recommend their brunch- well worth it.

Just writing this review before even paying the bill ;) hope everything goes well as we leave.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food as expected but very rude staff!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had brunch twice in "Le pain quotidien" restaurant located in Rue Montorgueil. We trusted the brand as they have restaurants in Brussels and also one in St. Pancras station in London.
The food was good as expected, we had no problem with that, what was very wrong was the rudeness of the staff and the very low level of customer service.
The first day they gave us the wrong bill, luckily my girlfriend realised that and we could get the money back as I had paid a lot more than the due. It was annoying though that the guy wasn't able to action a charge back on my card so he gave me cash instead.
The second time we went to the same branch in Rue Montorgueil (the day after) we asked to sit on the second floor but the guy behind the counter said "just no! It's closed!"...funny enough he allowed people upstairs just 10 minutes after having told us that the second floor was closed, other little things happened in terms of service (they didn't give us cutlery, incorrect orders taken...but that's not the point)...however as we are very tolerant people we just went back for the 3rd time the following morning; the place has a very convenient location. The first floor was packed with people so we asked again to sit on the 2nd floor but the "NO!!!" we received from the woman behind the counter was so rude that we decided to leave and find a better place where customer were treated "just" a bit better...that wasn't too difficult really. Food is good in that restaurant but the way they spoke to us and generally treated us was just unacceptable. There are better places in Paris where you can spend your money. Avoid this one!!!

• Visited December 2013
“Bonjour, Gilles!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was how I greeted my waiter every morning on my way to metro St Sulpice. "Deux croissantes avec du beurre et un cafe creme, tres fort et tres chaud, s'il vous plait." Gilles didn't mind my wonky French and by the end of two weeks he finally understood my petit dejeuner order. Le Pain Quotidien is actually one of a chain (I'm familiar with one in Sydney), but you might think this is your local village boulangerie. The classical music playing discretely in the background is a plus. On my way home I would detour to buy a baguette for 1.30 euro (and chew the end off just like a real Parisienne) and perhaps an eclair or tarte. Somehow the Sydney le Pain Quotidien is not quite the same. Merci, Gilles.

• Visited November 2013