“Excellent food at a decent price”
Review of PDG

PDG
Ranked #4,368 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$29 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food at a decent price”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We really fancied a good burger and found this place was literally 2 minutes from our hotel, so decided to give it a try. The restaurant is quite a small place but don't let that put you off. We got there about 8pm and there was only 1 other person in there eating, but by the time we left it was almost full. My wife and I shared the Pastrami burger and the bacon and cheese burger, both delicious. All burgers come with a decent amount of fries, salad and coleslaw. We were struggling to finish everything by the end as there was so much, but we made sure we finished the burgers that's for sure!!!!

The waiter was friendly and spoke good English. Nice little restaurant just of the Champs Élysées, don't miss it!

1 Thank Jamiefarmer

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Based on trip advisor reviews my husband and I were keen on trying one of these burgers.. And we were not disappointed! It turned out to be around the corner from our hotel which was even better! Nicely run little buisness! Try the Jumbo double bacon and cheese burger! Enjoy :-)

Shanghai
“Good service but don't ask for medium cooked meat”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was staying in the hotel next to PDG and wondered into this little restaurant for some dinner.

The waiter is very friendly, spoken excellent English, and helpful.

I ordered what the waiter recommended: Bacon Cheese Burger. Unfortunately, the patty, in my opinion, is overcooked. I ordered a medium cooked patty expecting a rose/red middle but the meat was thoroughly cooked and very dry. This was very disappointing.

Personally, I found the burger at Hippopotamus (a chain restaurant 2 min walk away) better cooked and more juicy. Maybe it's just my luck that my burger was over cooked?

Their appetizer platter is decent, with onion rings, chicken wings, and jalapeno poppers. Yummy, and great comfort food.

Overall, great service, good 'ol American appetizers, but overcooked meat. Not sure if I would give it another shot in the future given all the options around the area.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jack C
Pune, India
“Amazing burgers!!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband said it was the 2nd best burger he'd had in his life ;) Surprisingly, one of our best meals!

Visited October 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“50/50”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

First visit - dinner
Amazing. Fantastic service. Unbelievable food that was fresh and filling with pancakes to die for. Top level service with the man I believe was the owner. Made me want to eat there every day.

Second visit two days later - dinner
Terrible. Waited over 10 minutes to get service while the waiter walked around, picked up a phone that was not ringing and check people's plates for their progress on food and ignored us completely. On the fourth walk by with our menus on the table and both our heads following him to get the waiter attention we left. Annoyed and felt 10 minutes was long enough to be ignored

This was disappointing as the first visit was amazing. Pity good customer service staff must be hard to find in France. I will also tell friends to only enter if the man with a shave head and glasses is on as he made the night on our initial visit.