“An Excellent Choce”
Review of Cafe Sud

Cafe Sud
Reserve with
Cafe Sud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #471 of 17,601 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$37 - US$223
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Your culinary journey starts while seating at your table in a refined and intimate atmosphere. The décor elegantly features soothing colours punctuated by shelves and antique books, which provide added character to the venue. Chef, previously working at the Vivarois, shares his culinary expertise through innovative, tasteful and light combinations- for a gastronomic rewarding experience You will indulge with an inventive and contemporary cuisine consisting of a selection of classic dishes subtly updated through spicy accents. Wine lovers will enjoy intense fragrances and tastes featured in the generous wine list.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was simply the best in this area. We ate at several restaurants in this area during an 8 day stay. The service, menu choices, and quality of the food was better than anything else we experienced.

1  Thank IWM47

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Good for a quick bite, bit of everything (pasta, fish, meat...) so everybody can find something they like... but basic, nothing special.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Friday night is live jazz night in this attractive small restaurant. Well worth catching. Modern French food, well prepared and charmingly served. Not exactly cheap but good value.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I discovered this gem of a restaurant in the 8th arrondissement a few years ago when I was staying nearby, and it has become my "favorite" that I end up eating at at least one night during my bi-annual trips to Paris.

They have a decent wine list, and the food is always fresh, a nice fusion of sorts - an interesting mix of appetizers, entrees and desserts. They also offer a price fixe menu if you prefer.

Usually I order the beef carpaccio for a starter, but this trip thought I would branch out and try the asparagus ravioli in an (absolutely AMAZING) Parmesean cream pesto sauce. I ordered the steak for my entrée, and was not only happy that they cooked it exactly to my liking/request, but also was delighted that it was served with a mix of perfectly cooked seasonal vegetables and potatoes.

Usually, the service is rather good, but was unfortunately lacking this trip, so I only gave the service category three stars.

This is a restaurant that I can always drag my colleagues back to because everyone likes it. And I love it because there are several entrees that do not have cream (sometimes most difficult to find in this city).

I have also always gotten in without a reservation. I love this place. I will continue to return.

1  Thank tempscreenname
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ate at Cafe Sud on our last night in Paris and what a way to end our week!!
Everything was excellent. We shared the white asparagus entree which was very tasty.
My wife had the scallops as her main, and I had what I'd descibe as the best beef tendeloin I've ever had as mine. Both dishes we perfect.
Very upscale place on a quiet street.
We each had dessert (again fabulous) and shared a bottle of wine. Total was 138 euros - worth every penny !!!