“A must-stop if you're in the 1st arrondissement.”
Review of les fines gueules

les fines gueules
Ranked #460 of 18,359 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$30 - US$37
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wandering from the greatness of the Opera to sophisticated shopping near Chatelet you feel like stopping to eat a bite. Don't think too long Les Fines Gueules is here tucked at the heart of a medieval looking building in one of the rare quiet areas of the capital city. It's all about fresh French bistro cuisine re-invented with a twist of originality accompanied with a terrific wine list. Service is tiptop and comes with no attitude. Feels like home.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This busy restaurant is in a building that dates to the mid17th century but the menu is contemporary and varied. The vast, ancient cellars hold a tremendous wine selection and the staff is very good at recommending a glass or bottle. I enjoyed an excellent turbot entree with white asparagus, followed by a sinful chocolate dessert. A very good choice in a Paris at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place was on my daughter's bookmarked "must try" list and we were lucky to get a reservation on short notice. The restaurant occupies a quirky space in the 1st - oddly shaped rooms lead to tight quarters and our table was partially wedged against some heating pipes. The menus were on chalkboards which were moved around so that we could see them - French only, but the staff gladly explained anything we couldn't figure out.

Although the food was excellent - the tuna tartare was the best we had in Paris - the wine selections were subpar, especially odd because this is a wine bar. The wine recommended by the waiter was undrinkable, but the sommelier patiently offered other tastes until we found something palatable - our fourth try. The portion size for small and large plates were large enough for sharing. We were too full for dessert.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Many thanks to the staff who made the experience so special. The two waitresses translated the menu for us and were efficient, personable and good humoured. The food was great and the ambience and atmosphere was spot on. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I got the recommendation from the hotel that I stayed(Hotel Crayon) to go to this restaurant for freshly fried foie gras(my obsession). I walked there around lunch time and asked if their foie gras is fresh and fried not served cold pate style and got the positive answer. Then I managed to secure a booking of a table for one for that night dinner. The waiter was the most friendliest I've encountered in Paris. He's very funny and looked after me very well. The food was up to my expectation. Generous serving. I'm not impressed with the dessert but overall I really enjoyed my night dining at this lovely restaurant.

1  Thank Food_passion_Kae