“Great setting to go with the amazing food”
Review of les fines gueules

les fines gueules
Ranked #580 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$30 - US$37
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I spent some time in Paris with a bunch of friends and we ate at many quite incredible restaurants and this ranks among the best of them. We climbed twisty steep narrow stairs to get to our table on the second floor. The restaurant is in a 17th century building and takes beautiful advantage of the rustic surroundings. The menu is changed with regularity so was written on a chalkboard. Our lovely server was happy to translate it for those of us who's French was rusty. I don't quite recall what everyone else had but I had a lovely white fish layered over root vegetables with a delicious sauce. The presentation was beautiful. And for dessert, I ordered the Cafe Gourmand - when in Paris it's the best way to have dessert. It included a pistachio creme brulee, chocolate truffles, madelaines and a macchiato. Everything was quite beautifully plated - creative menu. Delicious. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Jewelsworld

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What an incredible building, and to the owners credit s/he has done the place up in an industrial style that contrasts well with the impressive old walls. We had dinner at the restaurant in August and enjoyed the meal immensely. We were out as a family but the decor also lends itself to a romantic evening out. My husband had the tuna tartar with just the right amount of wasabi and I dug into the entrecote. Aside from the house wines (which were average) we had a good meal and would recommend this restaurant to our family and friends. Staff were also very friendly, and service was attentive but not overbearing.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just like the name, this fantastic restaurant is for discriminating taste. Everything is wordeful: the place (a little particular room wraped around a suggestive atmosphere thanks to the candle light), the kind waiters and especially the food. The peculiarty is the menu written on a blackboard. I have tasted the tuna tartare and I recommend it. Also the bread is extraordinary.

1  Thank Roberto V
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I don't normally give a 5 rating to restaurants unless they have white table cloths a touch of elegance. I make an exception here. This was one of the best meals I have had in almost 2 months in Paris. And it was the most artistic presentation I have ever seen.

We went here because of the good reviews it received on TA and the fact that it was close to our apartment. We will return because of the excellent food. We started with the cheese and prosciuto appetizer. The ham was tasty and not salty. The cheeses had a dusting of almond crumbs. We both had the veal and it was the best piece of meat we have eaten in Paris. It was thick, tender and juicy and the presentation was artistic. Finally, we ended with the chocolat volcano cake. We let the waiter suggest the wine and we had a great tasting bottle of red that was delicate enough to complement the veal without overpowering it.

While descibed by some as a wine bar, this small, out of the way, restaurant should be given high praise for their food preparation. And while you can have a table on the sidewalk, the food and service is definitely white tablecloth style.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This restaurant is a regular of my cousin who lives in central Paris and we went along with friends and family especially to experience the famous steak tartare.

The restaurant is very cosy, it's like a cave, although we were seated upstairs which I don't think is as fun as downstairs. We were close to a big window however and could hear the cheering from the world cup soccer match going on at the time :) - great atmosphere!

The food is delicious! The steak tartare is indeed excellent, although I do prefer it with a little less of a pesto flavour. However, the texture, the freshness and the presentation is making my mouth water as I think about it! A real authentic restaurant catering to the regulars, this is a restaurant definitely worth visiting if you are in Paris. You will feel like a local and be assured that you will be eating the freshest authentic French food at standard prices - no inflated tourist prices.