“Total waste of time...and money”
Review of Le Baxo - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
United Kingdom
“Total waste of time...and money”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Possibly the most pretentious yet shallow little gastro-bar I have ever had the misfortune of visiting. Implausibly rude service and totally unwilling to be helpful or welcoming. From the minute we ordered our first round of drinks the feeling that something was wrong got steadily worse. If I hadn't of been meeting friends there I would have left a lot sooner.

The bar staff were moody and I resented ordering further drinks when friends arrived, however we left shortly afterward and won't be returning. A dirty little venue which seems to have appointed itself 5 star (in their own minds and attitude at least.)

Put quite simply it sucks!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Pablo7723

UK
“The worst bar I have ever visited”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I cannot advise you strongly enough NOT to visit this bar.
The bar owner ('JP') is probably one of the rudest people I have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with, the same applies for the rest of his bar staff.
As well as unprofessional and unwelcoming staff the bar is small, has very little atmosphere and dirty - I certainly wouldn't eat here!
There are lots of bars and restaurants in Paris - so don't waste your time here!

• Visited May 2011
NY
“You can skip it”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Not sure what kind of flavor cigars the other reviewers are smoking.

Started the meal w/ half bottle of Grand Cru Champagne, which was served luke warm.

Got the fruit salad. But I had to do all the cutting. The chef basically didn't do much other than gave me half head of a lettuce & some fruits.

Scallops were delicious, but not the sides.

Didn't order any dessert b/c I was way too disappointed.

In conclusion - if you are gay & fabulous, which I am, feel free to hang out here. But if you're a foodie, you can find better values in any of the Chinese restaurants that are 3 blocks away.

Hertfordshire
“Restaurant Very Nice, Shame about hostess”
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We went to this restaurant on Valentines day of this year. After looking at all the restaurants in our area we thought that this one would be very nice. As we got there we were greeted by the 'Hostess' , In a patronising way she pointed out the rose on the table is for the lady. "well derr". We went to our table and had a glass of champagne each. The Food was very nice, Best I had tasted in Paris.
The other bad thing about this hostess was that because there was a table next to us, she kept barging through and not saying excuse me. This really annoyed me and the fellow diner on the table next to us. I would recommend but only if this 'hostess' wasn't working that evening.

1 Thank kyle_melissa
Liverpool
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I have just returned from a romantic weekend in Paris!! A perfect evening in Baxo, perfect company, perfect atmosphere, perfect service and perfect food! What more can you ask for! I would definately recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a relaxed, cosy romantic evening!

1 Thank bluebird58