“The Worst Treatment Ever”
Review of Chez Bebert

Chez Bebert
Ranked #3,480 of 17,315 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$22 - US$29
Cuisines: Moroccan, Tunisian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Huntington Beach, California
“The Worst Treatment Ever”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We visted this restaurant because it was near our hotel and it had excellent reviews on a site our daughter-in-law uses. It was the worst experience. We are not certain what we did but we must have made them mad about something or they just didn't like Americans. It is Moroccan and it appeared everyone around us was ordering a starter for the table before the meal; and of course drinks. We did neither because we needed to be somewhere by 9:00pm. They seemed nice enough when we sat down but quickly became clear they were not happy with us. We asked for our food twice and both times the waiter just waved his hand in dismissal; it took 50 minutes. When I went to the toilette another waiter was coming by me with one plate of food and would not move for me. He glared at me and when I would not yield to him he said, "pardon Madam" in the rudest and mose snide way he could manage. It was dreadful. As for the food I guess it was OK, but we were just intersted in eating our food and getting out of there. It was so uncomfortable.

2 Thank MrsPickle

New York City, New York
“Moroccan feast”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The restaurant has been serving Moroccan classic dishes for over 50 years and they
Are most generous in their portion sizing. The lamb couscous is large enough for two people to share. However our waiter gave us a lot of grief when we asked to do so and insisted that each person must order a main dish. I got tired of arguing and gave in but as I knew we had too much food.
They have a branch at Porte Maillot which is much less crowded and may be more
agreeable to letting you share

• Visited September 2013
“Tasty, unique good value in Montparnasse”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Yummy, pretty friendly service, affordable wine list, tons of delicious food, I whole-heartedly recommend!

Manhasset, New York
“Off to a bad start”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We came into this tired looking restaurant and were cheerfully welcomed and seated. My husband face went pale when a cat came over to him. It was not a stray. The cat was rubbing against my husband legs. He is highly allergic . That was a bad way to begin. Luckily the cat left our table and sat under another booth.
The food came it was very well seasoned and large portions. Fluffy couscous . The Rose wine very nice. Delicious mint tea and dessert. It's reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013
Lille, France
“good food and price”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The place was very busy but we got a table fairly quickly as we were between the two service. Staff were very nice and friendly. Food was good but not exceptional. Good experience overall.

Visited June 2013