“An Incredible Restaurant with a View Like no Other”
Review of Les Ombres

Les Ombres
Reserve with
Les Ombres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #405 of 18,126 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$147
Cuisines: African, Contemporary, Central American, Fusion
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We ate at Les Ombres during our visit to Paris and it was one of the best meals we have ever eaten.
The view of the Eiffel Tower is absolutely stunning. Sadly, it was raining so we could not eat outside, but the glass ceiling in the restaurant enabled us to see the tower clearly.
The meal was outstanding, very creatively presented and delicious. The chocolate crisp dessert is no doubt the best chocolate dessert I have ever eaten (and I have eaten chocolate all over the world)
The service was wonderful. Waiters were attentive to our requests and made recommendations for or meals. I am a vegetarian so he insured that there was a special meal prepared for me.
If you want a treat in Paris, be sure to visit Les Onbres!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I went here with close friends for a dinner before setting off to explore Paris by night and I am so glad we did! You aren't looking at Paris from the tower, but you are on a rooftop overlooking Paris with the Eiffel Tower right in front of you. We went at sunset and the views were magical. The views and desserts are definitely the stars at this restaurant. The main courses and starters were good, but not excellent. While the food could be better, the view could not! It's perfect!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Ok, let state the obvious. The view is great and it is a nice place.

Cooking is not up to the price level. 2 statrters 2 dish 2 coffee 4 glasses of wine : 200€. For these prices you can eat much better in a load of places. Service is nice but there also nothing special. We where probably rated low level as we did not enjoy the fancy appetizers offered to all the other tables. Not sure why, I took a shower this morning... :)

Last point: if you go there for lunch take some sunglasses as the light is very bright.

4  Thank ThisIsMaths
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After a visit to the Musee du Quai Branly, we dined next door at Les Ombres with a reservation.. The location is breathtaking with excellent views of the Eiffel Tower. The ambiance is upscale and appealing with comfortable seating and exquisite place settings. The menu was limited. My husband who prefers beef for his entrée was disappointed when he had no option for beef when he ordered the fixed prix menu instead, choosing salmon which I ordered also. This was not unlike typical French dining...the portions are small. The salmon was smaller than a deck of cards, the few sides equally small, although everything was beautifully presented and delicious. The ambiance is a draw for this establishment, the food secondary. The service was excellent. With one beer for my husband, tea for me and his fixed prix menu, our bill was US $155, a little pricey although the experience was worth the expenditure.

2  Thank worldwidewaftage
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Firstly the views from this place are amazing! And I think that's what you are paying for...
We opted for the set menu at around €68 per person (not bad for 3 courses in Paris!) and the rose wine at €50 a bottle which was really nice!
The food was okay! But probably not worth the money, but again I'm glad We went because the views were fab.
Our waiter was really friendly and helpful but sadly the meal was rushed as you only get a certain amount of time but luckily , after the meal you can go outside which we did and sat right in front of the Eiffel Tower and had some drinks, that was the highlight for me as we got to see the lights come on and the light shows every hour.

3  Thank REBECCA C