“Unforgettable experience”
Review of Les Ombres

Les Ombres
Reserve with
Les Ombres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,235 of 18,726 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$147
Cuisines: African, Contemporary, Central American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Were invited for dinner here during a business trip to Paris and enjoyed every second. Had an aperitif on the terrace and then dined in the restaurant which is under a big glass ceiling so you are able to watch the sun go down while eating. And of course you can see the Eiffel tower all the time! Both the drinks and the dishes were delicious. An unforgettable experience for sure. I had to pinch myself a few times to check whether I am dreaming. Surreal beauty of the whole setting!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,243)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Okay, first of all, great view, the 3 star is for the view only .

Entree costed us 25 euros, peas sauce with a poached egg and tiny bit of cavier. Taste was okay but expensive

Main-

salmon steak (€34)- the fish was frozen fish, so we can taste the frozen taste like how you taste the frozen mussels which you can buy from supermarket . There is no sauce in this dish as well, so overall is really bad.

Lamb shoulder (€39), the sauce was so salty and thick, quite blend too (see photos) , when it arrive, it even creates a layer of skin! The potato chips was the worse, I can taste the “old oil “ taste, which means they use very oil and burnt oil to cook the chips, it’s barely eatable , I left it out at the end.

The dessert - lemon pie does help us out from the great disappointment tho! The sorbet was good, meringue was good and melt in our mouth.

Overall, if I have a choice, I would come here for a drink and dessert, definitely not the foods here. Fine dining price with low quality of foods.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Whenever I visit restaurants that are famous (rightly or wrongly) for the views from the dining room, I am rather apprehensive: more often than not, it is the view that is being sold there rather than the cuisine or the service. I am happy to report that Les Ombres does not belong to this category: while the views are indeed spectacular and offer the best possible perspective on the Eiffel Tower, the food matches the view, and the service is of high quality.

It is not a Michelin star restaurant with inventive provoking cuisine: instead, you are treated to the perfectly executed culinary delights of traditional French cooking with good wines to match and a stunning view to admire. If the weather is clement, you'll enjoy sitting on the huge outside terrace where you can have more drinks, a cigar, and enjoy the spectacular views. Your meal will be satisfying, very pleasant, and of very solid quality. It is very unlikely that you'll be disappointed if you go to Les Ombres.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can see its a old building.
Toilets was’nt so clean.

When we came, they say that they cant see our reservation.
Our hotel (Four Seasons did it) and we had date and our name on paper.

We token that only menu they have.

I choose for starter this ”duck-patee”.
I do not recommend. Very very taste of liver.

The main was ”back of cod”. I've never eaten so dry Fish. You have to add lots of pepper and salt.

I ask for dessert just berries.
It was looking good, but why add sugar liquid in fresh berries?

Only nice thing was good champagne.
Waiter Was really friendly.

Too expensive for 1* food.

Thank you, but Not recommend.

1  Thank Fashiii
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

You probably won’t get a better view of the Eiffel Tower except from the cruise boats along the river, this place has large outdoor area which is nice with uninterrupted views across Paris however you can’t always eat outside based on the winds. You can always still go out and have a drink while your waiting for your food and enjoy the view , however the day we was there the weather was amazing to us and still no outdoor eating was available. The food was lovely we tried a number of dishes , goats cheese, lamb , risotto , caviar , duck and a couple of deserts all the food was lovely and of a high quality. The only issue would be with the time taken for the service, I like to have a break in between and relax and enjoy my food but this was way too much easy over 2 hours and that was with letting them know we need to be somewhere and hurrying them along. All in all a good experience I could imagine it being lovely in a summer night with a cool breeze and the skyline lit up but we booked in the day time. Worth a visit