“Hearty!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Plomb du Cantal
Ranked #2,103 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$22 - US$27
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
London, United Kingdom
“Hearty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Not a huge variety to choose from, but it's good, hearty food in *very* ample portions. Their signature truffade (potato with cheese & garlic) that comes with most dishes is very nice.

• Visited January 2013

Edgware, United Kingdom
“Hunger pangs fulfilled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We had walked around for ages before opting to go to this restaurant recommended by our hotel. Needless to say we were extremely satisfied with the food, especially the meat eaters.. The only negative I had was the lack of vegetarian options. Otherwise I would have rated as a 5. I hope this changes and some more vegetarian options appear on the menu for our next visit. The Tuffade (potatoes with cheese and garlic ) was so tasty I would have finished it had the portion not been so large. But serving it with just lettuce leaves for an extra ?2.70 was a bit cheeky I think. Mind you, I managed to eat most of it! The apple tart with creme brulee topping served with ice cream was delicious. Definitely come again but more non meat dishes please....

Perth
“So much potato!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have to confirm what others have moments here - portions are huge! One of my dining companions ordered the entrecôte (steak) with frites - the frites came in their own saucepan! My other companion decid to get the steak with Truffaud - fried potatoes with chees and garlic. Again his serving was 3+ cup worth and a delicious mix of garlic, cheese and potato. I opted for a chanterelle omelette with potato but I soiled have asked for sans potato and just hello my companions eat theirs! Overall, though, food was very good and reasonably priced and the service pretty efficient. I would have loved to tryth e cherry clafoutis for dessert but we were full up with potato!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Athens, Greece
“Potatoes & duck!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Delicious food , large portions, reasonable prices for paris, try the duck witth the potatoes, but be prepared for tbe garlic! Would go again and again!