“nice sushi, staff not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Planet Sushi

Planet Sushi
Ranked #13,647 of 16,841 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$21 - US$43
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“nice sushi, staff not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is one of those sushi places where the food comes rolling by and you just pick up whatever you want. Good sushi, I loved the tobiko ones, it tasted really good and they have a lot of different variety. (including one with foie gras - i.e. goose liver - filling!) Staff was uninterested, not a good atmosphere, but I can see why because the manager seems a real a*h*. I was 'lucky' enough to witness the way he treated his staff, right iunder our noses (i'm talking: just a few inches away from where I was sitting). They should immediately replace this guy. Not only because this looks really bad to the restaurant guests, but also because the staff would probably be doing their job a lot better if they had a better manager.

Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
“Alright Sushi, weird service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We saw an ad for this place in our hotel in La Defense in Paris. It seemed nice so we went. The inside was nicely decorated and seemed clean. We were the only people in there to dine in, and there seemed to be many people calling for delivery orders. The phone was constantly ringing and delivery guys were in and out the doors. Our server was kind but seemed to be mostly distracted. While we were still eating I noticed she had changed out of her work clothes and walked out of the restaurant. Strange I thought, maybe someone else will be covering our table. No one ever came and I had to go up to the front desk to ask to order dessert. Later another server did come by and we were able to as him for the check. Overall it seemed more like we were a nuisance to the staff there, and the waitress leaving while she was our server w/o saying anything about it was just stance and awkward.

• Visited September 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Expensive for the quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

This place was one of my favorite but their success have put down the quality and know the sushi are not so well prepared often the meal arrive late ...The decoration pink is little bit too girly for me. Well shame I prefer sushi shop now

aussie travelling
“Smoke and Mirrors”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

The place is very chic, very glossy and very polished. It is also quite expensive for what you get, yeah I know its Paris and food is expensive but this place relies too heavily on glitz and glam instead of value for money. The sushi is good, cannot fault it but for what you pay compared to what you get, the value is diminished. I know they had a Japanese chef there, I saw him and the food showed the better for it, they just need to lower their prices a bit and this place would be a real gem.

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Avoid the cheese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I've had sushi delivered twice from Planet Sushi, and the delivery service is quick and cheap. The majority of the sushi is very nice, but the dishes containing cheese were quite odd and didn't go with the rest of the meal

Visited June 2012