“Ambiance Amazing! Service - Slow”
Review of Le Mini Palais

Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Once again in my 2nd day in Paris I chose Steak Tartar and was pleased. Very pleased in fact. Though not as exceptional as Le Bistro du 15eme, still very very good. You probably need to ask for added extra accouterments but the quality was exceptional. The service was slow but friendly and I think that I may have been there on an understaffed day.
The ambiance is pure perfection. Slightly chilly even in the sun with all of the exposed concrete and columns but bring a wrap and problem solved. Definitely worth a visit!!
I also thoroughly enjoyed an asparagus dish with caviar and some sort of tomato whisked loveliness (asperges vertes servies tiedes, sabayon citron de avruga). The simplicity (literally 3 asparagus cooked to perfection with the caviar, etc placed on top) of flavor components and presentation were perfection.
One of my friends in the group who currently resides in Paris and speaks French noted that the waitress "chose" not to give us the pre fix three course menu of the day because we were tourists. Didn't really bother me in the slightest but will remember in future to ask for such offers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We all know the French are a little pretentious and the girls on reception were definitely that but once you walked into the restaurant you are surrounded by the opulence and grandeur of the restaurant and the pretence stops there. There is a wonderful terrace and you sit under the huge columns of this most magnificent and historic building. I really think this is one of the most impressive architectural restaurants I've been to and our food was exiting, innovative and tasty. Our children ordered a pasta dish which wasn't so nice but I had a boiled egg in a delicate pastry on a brioche that blew me away. Sounds horrible but truly delicious. The house wine was superb. We went with a Parisian and I'm highly recommending it too.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a nice place for a snack and a glass of wine. Enjoyed it! THe service was slow but we had no where to go so was fine.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Both times I've eaten lunch here, I really enjoyed it. The food was very good, the service attentive and friendly, and the outside dining area is really delightful. I'll definitely return on my next visit to Paris.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

On our trip to Paris for the day to see the Rodin Museum we lucked out and found a restaurant, Mini Palais, that was convenient to our second stop at the Tuileries Garden. The restaurant can easily be overlooked in that it is housed in a official looking building without a name on it. There is a vertical stanchion outside that can be missed. The restaurant itself is elegant and has an extensive menu, but what attracted us was the item on the menu of steak tartare -- one of our favorites, and very difficult to find anymore in the states. The service was impecable, but the steak tartare was out of this world. It was available as a small dish appetizer and as the main course. We had the main course which had to be about half a pound of meat. If you like steak tartare -- GO.

1  Thank vegasbaby58