“Good .....”
Review of Le Passy

Le Passy
Reserve with
Le Passy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,794 of 17,881 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trocadero
Description: Happy hours, dishes of the day, cocktail
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I had lunch before hitting the tourist track. The service was relative to how busy they were - not great, not bad - just good. Entree - good, Main - good price- could have been better. If you like good - you'll love this.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have old friends in Passy and have been visiting them for over 20 years. Passy has essentially become "my" neighborhood and I always stay in a hotel there.

My hotel was right across the street and my friend and I stopped there for coffee and light snack for breakfast as well as late afternoon drinks. The staff was always welcoming (rare for Americans in Paris) and friendly. Later in my trip I had a few meals there as well.

It's not inexpensive as already mentioned, but food ranges from good to very goid and ambiance is quite nice. Basically a friendly neighborhood French version of the local pub, with food much better thsn I expected.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I want to like this place. It has the feeling of a neighborhood place, the staff are pleasant and the room nice. I've visited several times but there's not a single dish I want to reorder. So what's up?

The kitchen I think wants to give a little modern twist to classics. So today my boudin noir arrived as a sort of split sausage topping on mash. Apple slices topped it off. It looked odd to start with and simply opening it up made it look most unattractive and those poor boudins; they had not been treated well. The kitchen also 'sprinkles' little herbs, pieces of tomato, things to brighten the dish. It looks wrong, does nothing for the flavor and doesn't doesn't advance culinary science.

The wines by the glass or carafe are excellent, in fact most things are excellent about this place which is one reason I keep coming back hoping that there's one dish the kitchen has left alone. Even a steak, generally the #1 thing that a Parisian kitchen will do a decent job on, together with some memorable frites was just 'meh'.

There were plenty of tourists here as well so they'll be pleasant to those with less than silky French skills.

So come here, choose something simple, have the wine, watch the world go by but don't await a Michelin star.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been here a couple of time already, most of the time for drinks before or after diner, and always come back with great pleasure.
I have tried few things on the food menu though, and enjoyed everything I tried (from the spring rolls apetizers to the avocado and crab tartare)
Staff is very welcoming, and the area (Paris 17eme) is very nice. Will definitely go back on my next trip to Paris!

1  Thank Vaness99
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Le Passy is the French equivalent of a British pub. It probably serves more drinks than food, but it still does a respectable job with lunch or dinner. We ate here our first night in Paris because it was near our hotel and did not require reservations, much French, etc. We had eaten here on a previous visit, and it hadn't changed. The service was quite good and the food perfectly OK. If you're at the Eiffel Tower, where restaurants are rare, a walk across the bridge to eat here would be worthwhile.