“Hidden Gem in obscure neighbourhood”
Review of Pramil

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Hong Kong, China
“Hidden Gem in obscure neighbourhood”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This little gem with only 9 tables was in an unassuming street without any other shop/restaurant in Arr 3. We were surprised that there were only 3 occupied tables during a Friday lunch given the quality of the food, service & its relatively good value for money. Both of our entrees, mains & desserts were good.

I assume that its obscure location must be a contributing factor even though realistically, it was only a 3 minute walk from Metro Temple and off a busy main street Rue de Turbigo.

• Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Mission, Canada
“Delicious and intimate”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

A small in size restaurant big in flavour and service. The booking was on a whim recommended by our apartment owner. The staff could not have been more helpful and gracious both in gently correcting my French pronunciation as well as the same guidance for the food. (Unlike some others, I do not find language guidance patronizing or insulting and look upon it as free French lessons). At each course, the chef/owner was on hand to ask our opinions and give some background to the food. This was our first experience of an evening meal in France and they were superb ambassadors. The foie gras was complemented beautifully with sake, a flavour profile I would never have thought of and the rabbit was delicious, both succulent and delicate. A desert of Mille Fouille was the perfect ending.
This is modestly priced but do not think that this in anyway reflects on the quality. 177 Euros was more than reasonable for four people including wine, desserts and coffee. I would highly recommend this wonderful bistro.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Brian R
“Not good customer relations!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Cute restaurant. My food was just ok. My wife got pasta with truffles UNTIL she found a long dark hair. When we pointed out waiter just took the hair to the back and manager/?owner comes back with an attitude "no one here has this color or long hair!" I said my wife's hair is short and light. It got there somehow! I'm not paying for this ...take it away. No apology! Very bad experience!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Swimmerbarbados
faci, Propriétaire at Pramil, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
When you visit my restaurant you mention a hair in the truffle pasta dish to the waiter.
I came to you to find an explication because everyone working in the restaurant, kitchen and service as very short hair.
I pointed to you the fact that the hair is long and dark, which is the color and the size of your wife.
You mention the fact in your comment she was blond and short hair , and that is wrong she as the hair reaching the shoulders and brown.
I proposed to change the dish or to have an another one you refused and said you going to report this, what you did. This is your right but you have to respect the truth.
I am sorry for this bad experience but I can't be responsible for this.
Alain Pramil
Paris
“The best meal you'll ever have for 33€”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Alain (the chef) has a profound respect for the quality and the integrity of his ingredients and this is apparent in the consistently gorgeous meals I've always had at Pramil. His menu changes with the seasons and it's always excellent.

Great atmosphere, perfect for business lunch, romantic dinner or large groups in the back room.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Annie83Paris
“Excellent little restaurant / great menu”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is the type of little restaurant which proves that Paris can still offer some of the world's best cuisine. Yes it is easier to find good restaurants in other cities such as London or NY, but it is much harder to find truly great restaurants. I found one recently in Paris and it's called Pramil.

From the starter of foie gras with a centre of smoked eel served with the waitress' suggestion of a glass of a really nice fruity saké, to the juicy spanish pork chop cooked rosé - the food was tasty and inventive without being too adventurous. Can't remember what I had but dessert was great as well.

The only thing I would mention is that this restaurant uses Nespresso if you order coffee. As a coffee connoisseur, I do not rate Nespresso. I would advise the owner to get in touch with Coutume Café or Cafés Belleville who could supply some great locally roasted stuff. I did not mark down to 4 stars because of this because it was late and wouldn't have been drinking a coffee anyway :)

Highly recommended and I would love to go back. Great service as well. Very friendly staff and even the boss came to say hello which is a nice gesture. You get the sense that the staff care about your experience, in a genuine way, which is nice nowadays.

• Visited January 2014