“Foreigner-friendly, Frenchy, but a bit expensive”
Review of Les Pipos

Les Pipos
Ranked #1,156 of 18,014 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$22 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Description: Les Pipos is a journey back to real Parisian bistro culture. With a clientele composed of regulars, tourists, students from the Sorbonne and administrative workers from the French ministries across the street, there is always a convivial environment and interesting conversations going on at all times of the day. You can have a traditional french meal inspired from Auvergene, Normandy and the South of France at any time until 11pm on weekdays and 11h30pm on weekends. Les Pipos has a diverse and particular wine list for all tastes. We work with wine producers who are invested in exposing the simplicity and exquisite nature of french wines, many of which are organic (no sulfur). The owner prides himself in serving fresh produce, so makes all his purchases in Rungis (the largest fresh produce market near Paris) and has nothing delivered. All cuts of meat, fish and vegetables are hand-picked by the owner himself. There is live music every Friday and Saturday. It is best to reserve on the weekends to guarantee a table. Payments can be made by cash or credit cards (visa,mastercard, debit) but we do not accept American Express however.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My Greek friend, French friend and I found this place by accident when we were wandering around in the area. The reason why we decided to go inside was mainly because of its cute name "Les Pipos". And of course it looks like a very Frency bistro too.

To my great surprise, waitors and waitresses working there all speak excellent English and some of them are funny, too. The food was pretty good (Pasta, Steak Taretare and Duck Breast with Honey Sauce) but the portion was generally a bit small and it was not cheap for its location (the pasta was 13euro).

But other than that, my friends and I had a good time there, especially there are quite some cool bars very nearby.

1  Thank jessicachan0806

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were at the Midnight in Paris steps when we found Les Pipos. First, the people were all so friendly we had to return for a dinner. I tried the steak tartare which was very popular that night. Excellent ground beef with onion, capers, parsley and raw egg for balance. It was delicious. A friend had the saucisse and it was excellent too. Try the amangac after dinner for an added treat. The people were warm and friendly on the second visit too.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stopped for a coffee but were asked right away (by the waitress/owner?), in a pushy way, if we would be having lunch. Already feeling unwelcome we agreed but after seeing the menu did not want to opt for a heavy lunch so ordered the grilled sardines for 2. Upon choosing she informed us they were not grilled but in a jar with oil (?). The rest of the menu did not appeal to us (not wanting a heavy luch) so opted for coffee instead. Upon informing the waitress of our choice we got a BIG SIGH and a short grumble in the 'best' French way. Wow, she really doesn't need those pesty tourists who just order coffee... with all the excellence stickers and recommendations she obviously doesn't :-((

1  Thank mark p
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We've been recently with my partner in Paris. Without knowing the place, we were attract by the typical look of a small French restaurant. We sat outside. The waitress has been very kind and helpfull.
The food was excellent, so the wine.
I want to reccomend this place, and we will be back! Thank you!

1  Thank Massimo B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Our waitress was a gem. She not only translated the entire menu for us into English, she offered suggestions (and didn't miss; my taste buds and belly were quiet pleased). We were a larger group of 9 (we did call ahead to let them know); the place was packed, even on a Thursday night. I had the Saucisse au couteau d’Auvergne, and I was quite satisfied with the wine pairing the waitress supplied, although I can't recall the name of it.

1  Thank Kristin B