“Clockwork dishes”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Near the charming "Batignolles Garden", in this original and very changing neightborhood, you will be very warmly welcomed by a young and efficient crew. You will have a large choice of typical french dishes like "harengs pommes à l'huile "(herring popato salad), pâté de campagne (country paté), vegetable salat for beginning and then fresh fish, delicious "rognons"(veal kidneys), entrecôte bordelaise (large steak in red wine sauce), andouillettes frites... The homemade desserts are very fresh and various too. If you want to drink some wine, you'll have a nice choice too, but relatively expensive for such a restaurant, I find. Anyway, take your time in this confortable place : the walls of the restaurant are all covered with old clockworks...

1  Thank dialectique

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I both had the duck. Perfectly cooked on a bed of mashed potatoes with a creamy tomato sauce. I had the foie gras appetizer which was excellent. We had a bottle of Bourgogne wine which was reasonable and excellent.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

It was a busy Monday night & I arrived without a reservation and they were fully booked, but I was offered the alternative of dining within 1-1/4 hours before the "reservation" arrived. I ordered the house chicken pate which arrived in an oversized terrine & I was told to eat as much as I wanted, this was followed by a lovely risotto w/scallops & morels, and the meal ended with house made citrus tart & cafe. The restaurant is warm & charming with a clock theme. Many locals seem to love this place which, as others have mentioned, is a bit off the typical tourist circuit which in itself is welcome!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

My husband and I dined at La Bonne Heure twice during our recent trip to Paris since it was a quick walk from our hotel. Both meals were great, and the staff was very helpful and patient with our lack of French. Highlights were the risotto (had both the shrimp and scallop), and the desserts. The creme brulee was incredible! Wine selection was also good and again, the waiters were very helpful and found us a delicious white to complement our meal. Also, the place is very charming and cozy, especially on a winter evening. We would definitely recommend La Bonne Heure!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We went to the 'Bonne heure' on new years night because we did not wanted to spent a fortune on set menus.
The bistro/restaurant is very cosy, but you really have to know it. It is not on the usual tourist tracks. metro station is not far.
We had a lovely dinner and good wine. The choice is very meaty. So do not go there if you don't like meat. The staff was extremely friendly.
We definitely would go there again.