“Great French dinner”
Review of Le Coin des Amis

Le Coin des Amis
Reserve with
Le Coin des Amis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #768 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Singapore
“Great French dinner”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We decided to visit following the great reviews on Trip Advisor. And they did not disappoint! The meal was sooo delicious! I had the goat's cheese and tomato tart - what a treat! And for my Entree, the rump steak with blue sauce - Ooh laalaa! It's a restaurant we will definitely patronise again!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Elena_Ho

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

All I will say is this... The goat's cheese and tomato tart was incredible. The steak with blue cheese sauce was incredible. The service was incredible. You must try this out!

1 Thank bftljg2317
Anacortes, Washington
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a nice dinner on our first night in Paris at Le Coin des Amis. We selected this restaurant in the Montmartre neighborhood because of the positive Trip Advisor reviews, value $$ menu, and location to our rental apartment. We were not disappointed! I had the frog legs for a starter and duck breast w/potatoes for main plate - both very good. My wife had the prawns for her main plate and it was quite good with vegatables and potatoes. Overall, a nice neighborhood restaurant frequented by locals and tourists.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank pelkman
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth a visit...”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We visited this restaurant twice while staying in Paris with teenage children. Food was great -
generous salads and starters, and waiter was extremely helpful and pleasant. When our son, who doesn't eat desserts, decided he wanted pommes frites after his main course, it was provided with good humour! Would visit again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank conjugation
Orlando, Florida
“Best Onion Soup I've had in Paris-twice now”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was our second visit. Our first was on New Year’s Day 2013, and we enjoyed it so much, especially the French Onion soup, that we put it near the top of our list of restaurant choices for our next Paris voyage. We returned on Sunday, 5 January 2014. I had the concierge at our hotel call and make reservations for us since it is a tiny restaurant with only 8-10 tables. We decided to walk there all the way from the Opéra, actually the Le Grand across from there, and had a nice, leisurely 90 minute or so stroll. We walked by the Gare St Lazare to see where the Concorde Opera Hilton will be, St Petersbourg to Clichy, and then down Rue Caulaincourt from Clichy by the Montmartre Cemetery. This took us around Montmartre so we didn’t have to go up and then down the steep hill. Caulaincourt intersects Rue du Mont Cénis about 100 metres/yards south of the restaurant.
We were warmly welcomed by the owner, I believe, who took great care of us. He first seated us over by the wall next to a heater, but when I asked for a different table in the center, no problem! We asked for and received a carafe of free tap water. One should always drink the tap water in Paris since they spent so much to have better water than most places and healthier water than the bottled types. We both chose the entrée/plat option for 21€ and both started with the French onion soup that I remembered as some of the best I’ve ever had. I only got one bay leaf this year after a dozen or so last year, but that shows how fresh it is. There is enough cheese for a meal, and it is so good! The soup itself is fantastic also, but the cheese makes it extra special! I had the Rhum steak with blue cheese cooked rare/medium rare, and it was perfect and melted in my mouth. My partner had the Lapin (rabbit). Another great choice if you like a “hopping” dish. Both came with scalloped-like potatoes with little pieces of ham (pommes de mère, I believe they were called..but not sure)-so very good.
We also had a 50cl pitcher of Côtes du Rhône (red) wine for 11€. What a fantastic, scrumptious lunch!
We were also given (on the house-gratis) a cordial, after dinner drink, and as far as I could tell, we were the only table to receive this extra. It is definitely a “must return” on our next visit to Paris-at least once a year but often more frequently.
Afterwards, we decided to return to our hotel where they serve a great afternoon dessert selection and champagne. The dessert au Coin des Amis is great, I’m sure, but I was full after the great onion soup and steak and couldn’t eat anything for at least 30-45 minutes. We could have walked it off by going up to Place du Tertre but just decided to walk 200 metres/yards north to the Jules Joffrin metro stop. Merci pour tous et à la prochaine fois!

• Visited January 2014