“Good stay”

Ranked #829 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Sanaa, Yemen
“Good stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Overall good stay. Location is superb beside the metro station and the train station.
My kid and I had one twin room which was acceptable in term of size. Free coffee/tea is a plus. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

1 Thank j0227802
HIGareMontparnasse, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear j0227802,

We would like to thank you very much for your positive review about the Holiday Inn Gare Montparnasse.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that our level of service reached your expectations

Be assured that we are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

Best regards

VISE Florian
Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am a platinum member of IHC rewards program. Decided to do a quick trip to Paris during recent travel. Booked my stay for two nights. Check into hotel and all was fine except when I went to check out. I was told I would have to pay for the two days breakfast at 15 euros ($24 USD). I was surprised because I hadn't been informed of that prior to trip nor at check in.

I have to say in Paris there are so many options for breakfast and at that cost I would have certainly chosen other places. I barely eat breakfast so I was not happy to pay so much for it. It felt like a punishment for using my reward points which I might add take quite a bit of money to earn. I spent thousands of dollars to earn IHC reward points and it takes a lot for a stay.

Felt disappointed. Especially since the following day I stayed at Holiday Inn Express near the airport. I asked if I would be charge for breakfast and they thought it was ludicrious when I told them I had to pay for it just the day before.

I did contact the hotel and unfortunately they did the generic fine print thing. It left a bad taste in my mouth but something I will remember in the future. Not a huge item but definitely poor customer service. Consumers have many choices and a bad memory lingers very long. I book many events and will look less at such hotels who do this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelin L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Travelin L,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for leaving us a feedback.We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. I am sorry to hear that your stay was negatively affected due to the confusion with breakfast charges. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced with our front office staff. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel serves the basic need for business travellers.The location is the best part of this hotel. It is located just above the Metro station Gaite, which is one stop away from Gare Montpannas.Round the corner one can find a wide variety of F&B choices that is reasonably priced. If you like to do sone shopping, walk for a bout 200m, you will find the more affordable C&A departmental store or you can splurge a little at Galleries Lafayette conveniently located inside the
Montpannas building. This is the 3rd time I am staying in this hotel, just live the convenience of the surrounding.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Catherine L
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here two nights. Location is good with a subway and cafe right outside the front door. wifi signal worked great on the 6th floor. Room was good size and comfortable enough for Europe. Some staff struggled to understand English.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WBallard
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear WBallard,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your review. I am so glad you were satisfied with the room accommodations you had and the fine location of our property.

I am sorry we were not able or at least be at par with your expectations. Rest assured that I have shared your concern with our hotel management to consider making improvements where necessary. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your experience a great one.

Faith R
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you can get a good rate, which seems to change daily this hotel is comfortable, clean with extremely helpful staff. British travellers might like to know that kettles and tea are provided, and there is mini fridge discretely tucked under the dressing table to put the bottle of wine and some groceries should you like to have some snacks handy. Comfortable beds, Air con if needed, bathrooms spacious, clean with paraben free toiletries.
Not far from Metro, and walkable distance from various shops and restaurants. Some very good organic shops nearby. In the location one is virtually on the top of Latin Quartier and if you fit it is not a bad walk. With our group (middle age and older) we walked all the way to Eiffel Tower, easily doable.
Montparnasse tower is just a few minutes walk and it is worth taking the lift to the viewing room and platform on the top. Pricey at E 14,50 it gives a lovely views of Paris and Eiffel Tower.
OK it is a Holiday Inn is a huge chain, but reliable and predictability saves you nasty surprises some of its Gallic cousins provides galore.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Montparnass cemetary quieter and looking onto green.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 22 May 2014

What could have been a great experience, ended as a real nightmare. Forgot a pair of jeans (105 euros) and an adapter for the mobile phone in the room when we left. Mailed after 6 hours drive home, and staff dit not find anything in the room while cleaning... sure... right!
Trustfullnes = 0 !

Room Tip: Ask for a different cleaning team than that of floor 2 on April 27th 2014 !
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stadskerel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Stadskerel,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Not on sale, it's a bit expensive. Room rate changes so often and changes dramatically. I hope that the hotel would provide a stable room rate. I want to stay the hotel again for its good location. It's just few steps from metro.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple