“Handy inexpensive place near the railway station.”

Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse
Ranked #828 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Wellington, New Zealand
“Handy inexpensive place near the railway station.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Booked this hotel on loyalty points and because it is close to Gare Montparnasse in Paris.
It's a Holiday Inn so you know what you are going to get and don't expect too much. That said, they exceeded my expectations - holding various items I had asked to be posted to them for my arrival - generally helpful friendly service. Not what I had expected given some earlier reviews.
It's easy to get to from CDG airport - there's a Metro station (Gaite) entrance right outside the hotel door.
Didn't try the breakfast as there were plenty of cheaper cafes on Avenue du Maine.

I found I could walk easily to the Louvres, St German des Pres, Musee d'Orsay & the Eiffel tower.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank wgtnmike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice hotel, well located, next from Montparnasse station and Rue de la Gaite. Many theaters and restaurants around.
The room is well decorated, cleaned, not a big room but enough to have a pleasant stay
the only inconvenience was the lift with a small issue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We've been there at the end of November till the 6th of December. The food, the service, the people, the kindness, the cleaness room - everything was just amazing!! Monia and all the people who worked at the hotel were kind, lovely and just wanted to help!
In front of the hotel there is a metro station! very easy and very comfortable!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keren S
HIGareMontparnasse, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Keren S

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Gare Montparnasse on TripAdvisor!

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that our location and level of service reached all your expectations

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon in our hotel .

Best Regards

VISE Florian
Public Relation Manager
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay here for 5 nights. From my point of view the best thing in this hotel is the location and a metro station ( Gare Montparnasee ) is just few steps from the main entrance

I got a superior room with Montparnasse Cemetery view which is really not fun at all, i ask the front disk immediately to change my room to another one and they change it to double room with the main street view which is really more better from the superior rome

two points regarding the bathroom, Towels not provided immediately when you check in you have to wait for half hour maybe and then they give, the second point a bad smell every where in the bathroom

one day early morning i wake up hearing shouting comes outside the room and when i have a look i find two women from the room service shouting loudly to each other, which is really reflect bad image for the hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ahmed_majeed
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Ahmed_majeed,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Hostel is beautiful nd has a really good location right next to the main station but they overcharge for what they provide...
There's no restaurant in the hotel nd there's nothing in the hotel besides rooms...
Ambience is good but overpriced

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shivam_Vig
Dear Shivam V,

Krysllin G.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Literally right outside the hotel is the gaite metro. It makes traveling very easy. I definitely recommend traveling around paris via the metro because it is simple and affordable. We stayed in a double bed. It was very comfortable and clean. It was,also, quiet at night in that area. I gave this hotel three stars instead of four because when we arrived, they didn't have parking available so we had to park down the block and pay double. The main reason we booked the hotel was for the parking. Also the staff was rather rude about the parking situation and rude to some of the other guests as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kerri F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Kerri M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you liked our convenient location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was our last stop on our two week trip in France that included stops in 10 different cities and hotels...we were tired after driving 2500 miles on our trip and this was a nice place to wind things up. The hotel is generally easy to find for Paris, the onsite parking was convenient though not free. The staff at the reception desk were friendly and helpful. The room was large and comfortable. We asked for and received a late check out without any problem or additional cost (as other hotels we stayed at wanted to charge an extra 50 euro to do that). We did not eat at this hotel. There are plenty of food choices in the area, and in fact, right across the street we had a lovely breakfast for 8 euros per person while the hotel charged twice that. There is a metro stop right outside as well, and the hotel is in walking distance to the train station. The only thing I did not like about the room we had was the bathroom. There is the typical separate room for the toilet, and another room with a shower and sink. There is no counter space for getting ready. The shower had one of those 2 foot wide glass doors, which I do not understand why it doesn't enclose the whole shower. Anyway, the shower was equipped with a hand held shower head as well as a rain shower head. When I turned on the water, the hand held shower head shot water over my shoulder and all over the bathroom door. By the time I was done taking a shower the whole room was wet because of the lack of a complete shower door. There were not a lot of towels available and I had to use all but the one I used to dry myself off to mop up the floor. The towels were on the thin side too. I liked that the bathroom had a towel warmer and a good hair dryer. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LSBRN
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear LSBRN,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the bathroom accommodations. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W