“Good and bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse
Ranked #845 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
“Good and bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Location is walking distance from the Montpanasse skyscraper open to tourists, the Metro line is directly opposite the hotel and there's a nice selection of bars and eaterys nearby.

The room was nice, very well sound proof, air conditioning and excellent blackout curtains.

The breakfast staff are very polite but very understaffed as there no where to sit and food was missing from the buffet on the two occasions we tried to eat there.. Because there was no seating we decided to eat next door which was cheaper, quieter and very nice.

Upoin check in we was told that breakfast was 15 euros extra per night, the dissapointment is that we where charged for this even though we choose not to eat breakfast there due to it being too busy with no available tables, no plates, lots of people and little food, the friendly receptionist told us it was mandatory rather than an additional cost and could not be refunded.and so we paid 45 euros for something we where not able to have.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
HIGareMontparnasse, Directeur général at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize as I can read that your stay in our property did not meet all your expectations.

So you do not stay on a negative view of our hotel after your bad experience, I suggest you contact our reservation department (montparnasse@book-inn-france.com) for your next stay in Paris, stay during which I hope to have the pleasure to meet you.

I do stay at your disposal for any further questions and waiting to welcome you again

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bet Haemek - Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My second time at this hotel. Good location next to Montparnasse railway station and Metro next door.
Lots of restaurants around. Nice rooms and friendly staff.
Paris prices. Good for IHG members!
Sure a good deal and I will come back again when traveling via Paris.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank rudie_11
Dear rudie_11,

We would like to thank you very much for your positive review about the Holiday Inn Gare Montparnasse and for your loyalty to IHG.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that our level of service reached your expectations

Be assured that we are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent Staff At Reception Desk / Good Location and Good ambience in Rooms
it was near the centrall train station and all sorroundings and shops were goog lot of cafeterias arround and a lot of sight seein ca be done by walking in the vicinity of your hotel in all it was the best hotel in your group for me
Francis vieira

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Gare Montparnasse on TripAdvisor!

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and that our location and level of service reached all your expectations

We definitely hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were given a handicap room. The room was clean and the beds comfortable, but it had an automatic door to the bathroom. The door hit me before I could move out of the way. There was no way to get the door to stay open. We were visiting my granddaughter and she made the reservation for us. We checked in late in the evening and checked out early so we did not have any experience except for the room. It was fine except for the bathroom door "from hell". It was memorable as a story to tell, but we are not handicapped. It seems that it would have been very difficult for someone in a wheelchair.

Room Tip: Handicapped visitors need to be aware that the bathroom door closes automatically whether you are in...
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasLinda
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear TexasLinda,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you liked our clean rooms and comfortable beds. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the bathroom door. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for two nights and had a nice stay!
The hotel is nicely located close to the Metro and to the Tour Monpasnasse, which everybody should go and see.
The employees spoke good English and were very friendly and quick in helping us.
Our room was not very big, but we had everything we needed. A small fridge, a comfortable bed and a bathroom with a bath.

We didn't use the opportunity to have breakfast, we went to one of the many restaurants close to the hotel to have breakfast. Also for nice diners you don't have to walk far.

All and all we had a good stay in the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Firstly to validate this review, if anyone cares to respond, I can share the details of the room I stayed in. Also, let me forewarn the readers that my experience could be an exception and maybe just my "Bad Luck".

Just to give a background, I stayed in 2 other hotels depending on the reviews posted here and had an excellent experience during my stay at those 2 hotel: Navarra (Bruges) and Villa Montossuris (Paris). Irony is that I had expected the best at Holiday Inn as I have stayed there across the world during my other travels.

For those who want an executive summary, my experience can be summed up as below:

1- Unfriendly staff (except 1 Gentleman)
2- Poor timeliness of issue resolution
3- ....."Your problem....I don't care"

2 issues that would help you gauge the reasons for my frustration are as below:

1- Wifi Was extremely slow: When we complained this to the lady at the reception, her response was as below:

"Well.....it should not happen.....maybe there are too many people logged in at the same time.....why don't you try late at night when fewer people logging in"

I wanted a faster internet at that particular time - Not only no attempt was made to resolve the issue, the issue itself was questioned without even checking whether a problem exists.

2- We had to check out at 12 PM on August 8 and attempted to take a bath at 10:45. Surprise .... Surprise....NO HOT WATER!!!

At first, the response was that due to some maintenance there will be no Hot Water for some time. When I insisted that we had to check out at 12, we were called back after some time and told that the issue has been resolved and that I should get Hot Water.

When we still did not get the Hot water, after almost an hour and after Hotel Staff came and checked that the problem actually existed, I was let into another room that was getting Hot Water.

At the time of check out, NOT A SINGLE LINE OF REGRET was expressed for the inconvenience caused. When we asked for the Manager's email id/phone number, we were denied the same and told that we should feel free to complain online.

We had explicitly mentioned that we were on our Honeymoon. Far from special treatment, we actually felt like we were in a Prison Camp because of the Poor Service and unfriendly.....dare I say...arrogant behaviour.

I may have had a better experience at a youth Hostel for 30 euros than what I got at this particular Holiday Inn for 125 Euros!

I have stayed in Paris for more than 2 years and traveled across the world; NEVER HAVE I PAID SO MUCH FOR SUCH A POOR EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Do not chose a room at this hotel...just based on my experience!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank avishekananya
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear avishekananya,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night before catching a train to Bordeaux from Gare Montparnasse. We arrived at 7:30am so out room was not ready so we went for a walk and saw the local market setting up, had a coffee, then walked to the Catacombs and by the time we did all that the room was ready so we freshened up before jumping on the metro to get our bearings in Paris as we will be there for a week next week. You can really get anywhere from here as there are 2 metro stations nearby. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, we had an executive room. We had breakfast included in our rate. It was fine although the eggs looked like they had been sitting there all morning so maybe skip the hot food as it's not regularly replenished. Baguette, cold cuts and fruit were all good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple