“If you have a few days in Paris, don't miss this”

Le caveau du palais
Reserve with
Le caveau du palais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,291 of 17,169 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
Melbourne, Australia
“If you have a few days in Paris, don't miss this”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

In the delightful quietness of the Place Dauphine, this restaurant is a rewarding place to take lunch. Madame is brisk, but the food is excellent, the ambience wonderful, and the setting serene. Very french, not touristique. On a sunny day sit outside under the sun awning but be warned that you may have to contend with incessant smokers. It's on the Ile de la Cite, half way on the walk between Notre Dame and the Louvre. A joy for worldy but weary travellers. A different side to hectic Paris. We keep going back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Peter F

New York City, New York
“Good escargot”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had my first meal in Paris here when I accidentally found it while strolling around by myself. I sat outside, and while the waitress wasn't the friendliest person I met on this trip, the waiter was polite, and the escargot were delicious. The view of the park across the street is very nice whether you're alone or there for a romantic meal. Good place to take a lunch break if you're exploring the Notre Dame area.

Visited May 2013
Bergen, Norway
“Good location, ok food”
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

The location at Place Dauphine is excellent, and the restaurant itself has a good athmosphere with low ceilings and small tables. The food did however not quite live up to expectations, and was better at a previous visit. The starters (asparges and vinaigrette) were disappointing, whereas the mains - in our case the dorade and the canard - were quite good, but the fish was perhaps a bit bland... All in all we had a good evening, but left with the impression that we could have spent the evening more wisely at another etablissement.

Visited May 2013
Rolla, Missouri
“A Parisian experience: great food, quirky service”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Ah, Paris! We were lucky enough to eat outside here on a beautiful, warm sunny April afternoon. We enjoyed watching children playing in the park across the street and locals savoring their cafe. After being seated, we ordered our food and then our waitress asked us to move to the other side of the cafe because our side would close in 15 minutes. Ok, whatever, it's Paris. Waitress got friendlier the more French we spoke. My chevre chaud salade was probably the best thing i ate in Paris. They use bread from Poilane bakery, which is absolutely fabulous,.toasted (grillee) with goat cheese., or in a tartine with jambon, as my son ordered. My husband loved the salade with rosbif. Topped it off with a cafe and voila! C'est Paris!

Charmouth
“Not up to expectation”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Located in a delightful part of Paris in a small square, very quiet with a few people playing boules in the evening. We ordered the menu of the day, 3 courses, 25 Euros which I thought a reasonable price. HOWEVER! They didn't seem particularly busy but we waited about 30 minutes for our first course, even after I had made a comment to the waitress after about 20 minutes. She then arrived with the main course! She maintained we had not asked for the first course in ordering our meal. Not correct but I couldn't be bothered to argue the point. I have to say the food was excellent but very put off by the casual service.

• Visited April 2013