“very good authentic restaurant”
Review of La Bastide d'Opio

La Bastide d'Opio
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
La Bastide d'Opio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,393 of 18,488 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was introduced to this place by a french person and so happy I took his advice and ordered the dish he recommended - lamb- it was very delicious. One of the better restaurants to try if you are ever in the St. Germain de Pres area and want to try authentic french cuisine. This is from the south region of France and very tasty! I would have tried the dessert and appetizer too but it was too hot and did not have the appetite. Would try again for sure!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you walk by La Bastid d'Opio (the small castle in Opio, France) you might pass by because of its unassuming appearance and that would be a mistake. We were too exhausted to pass by after a long day of sightseeing in the rain. We didn't care if it was good, we had to eat.

The 2 times we ate there were spectacular. This said in Paris, the HOME of spectacular meals. A prawn soup had depths of flavors and textures. Ravioli de Royan was comfort food your mama never even dreamed about. A duck breast rivaled the best steak in appearance and taste while the fish soup was generous with big chunks of sea bass, melt-in-your-mouth scallops and other fish. They even had me eating zucchini which I studiously avoid.

Deserts were stunning. You think you've had creme brûlée?
No, you only think you have. My wife loved the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, served hot and gooey in a bowl.

The service was European, no rush, no fuss, no "is everything just perfect?" You have to ask for "l'addition" so don't think you're being ignored. In France, you own your table while you're there.

The menu is prix fixe, about 17€ for salad and plate, 26€ for entre/desert and play, or 37€ for entre, plate and desert. Can't help you with the wine list but Leffe beer is a party by itself.

La Bastid is Located off of St. Germaine Blvd. near the Odeon Metro stop.

Highest recommendations for this unassuming little jewel.

1  Thank Wind-In-His-Hair
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My family & I came here on a recommendation from a friend who had lived in Paris for many years. The restaurant itself is so quaint - yellow-ish lighting, pretty scenes from Paris hand-drawn on the tables...it just oozed Frenchness. Most importantly though, the food was unreal.

I had the starter that was called "prawn cream"...I didn't know what this was going to be, but prawns are good, right? It turned out to be a prawn soup of sorts - words just can't describe how good it was. The two of us that ordered it were sitting around scooping every last drop of it out of the bowl with our bread. Several of our party also had the peppers stuffed with goat cheese & said it was really good.

For the main, I had a sea bass that was probably the best of my life - a perfectly crunchy filet on both sides (but no bread crumbs - don't even know how that's possible). My mom & uncle had duck with white pepper sauce - also amazing.

For dessert, the 6 of us all got one & we all shared. The dessert of the day, a pistachio creme brulee, was so so good. Also the apple & raisin crumble was delicious. All of the other desserts were good, but not on the same level as we had had the night before in a different restaurant.

Strongly recommend this place - you won't regret it! If you come, book your reservation on The Fork, for a 40% discount (we ended up paying something like 170 euro for 6 people, each of us ordered starters, mains, desserts, and shared 2 bottles of wine).

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We started our evening off in search of a restaurant that our flat owner had recommended. Needless to say, we apparently took a few wrong turns, but happily ended up in front of this place.

It was getting late, and the kiddo was dying to eat. We took a quick look at the menu, saw several people inside and decided to give it a try.

The server was quick to observe we were not locals, and provided us with the menu and specials in English. The "salad and plats" are such a great deal - we selected one that included a Rocket salad with Lamb, Lime and Zucchini - it was amazing. We also enjoyed the sea bass filet in olive oil and garlic, a cup of the shrimp soup as a starter and the kid dined on the pasta du jour.

Not to be disappointed, the waiter selected an amazing red wine and suggested we end the evening with the chocolate cake (which was still oozing inside) and vanilla bean ice cream.

It just goes to show that good things can happen when you do loose your way.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had Sunday lunch in this gorgeous little restaurant near Saint Sulpice on Sunday last. Food was lovely, service was great and the price was very reasonable.
The menu was perfect with a wide choice of dishes and the wine was lovely.
Nice atmosphere and although we didn't have a reservation there was no problem although I imagine that it gets busy in the summer and spring.
We will be back!