“Great vegan food, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #695 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Paris, France
“Great vegan food, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great vegan food, helpful service, laid-back atmosphere and reasonably priced. Do yourself a favour and try the lasagne - yum! Also tried to quinoa burger and it was delicious.

So many interesting options on the menu - will have to return!

• Visited August 2014

Watton at Stone, null, United Kingdom
“Excellent wholesome and tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This restaurant far exceeded our expectations and contrary to the previous reviewer, my partner loved the French Onion soup. I had the mushroom pate to start with and we both had the veggie burgers for main which were all very tasty. Wherever I travel in the world or at home, I will always look for a vegetarian restaurant and over the years I must have been close to 50 + establishments. I would certainly rate Le Potager du Marais in the top three at least and would not hesitate to recommend this little gem of a restaurant.

The restaurant itself is a little cramped for space and the decor is rustic and rather typical of veggie restaurants. Reminded me of an amazing little veggie restaurant in Amsterdam known as The Flying Saucer.

Enjoy.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Wennie T 'average veggie food at inflated prices'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having read reviews for Le Potager we were looking forward to top quality vegetarian food; unfortunately we were disappointed. The French onion soup was inedible and had to be sent back- translucent chunks of onion in a thin broth heavily seasoned with dried herbs. The chef argued that it was a family recipe and that French onion soup did not have caramelised onions- there was a lack of concern at our dissatisfaction. Over use of dried herbs and poor seasoning was a theme in other dishes. My aubergine 'surprise' was pleasant and the veggie cheese was good although the choice of mashed potato/ brown rice or buckwheat as the only accompaniment was unimaginative. The menu in general seemed stuck in a time warp. The meal was expensive and decor tired- we wouldn't visit again.

Jerusalem, Israel
“Good expensive vegan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a very good vegan cuisine (their definition) restaurant which is a rarity anywhere and especially in Paris, and they are open for dinner which is even rarer. They offer a unique and creative vegan menu, not just salads and soups, also many dishes are gluten free. The service is kind, quick and informative. But - it is quite expensive which makes it not excellent in my book. As for my personal order (was only there once unfortunately) - The carrot soup with orange hints was yum! The quinoa burger with mushroom sauce was lovely though a bit on the stingy side (cuisine, right?) and the famous mash were ok yet utterly dry. The berries crumble (gluten free!) was to die for... tiny caution - when you takeaway anything, make sure you get what you ordered, they missed something in my order, unintentionally of course.

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Really Good But Needs Improvements”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to Le Potager a few times over the last couple years, as I usually travel to Paris at least twice each year. I’ve tried pretty much every vegetarian restaurant I can find, and Le Potager has been among my top picks. My favorite dish is the quinoa veggie burger with the mushroom sauce, and their signature mashed potatoes as the side. The lasagna and other dishes are great too, but can be very heavy.

The first two times I went to Le Potager when they were pretty new, I thought it was the best place ever since great French food adapted for vegans and vegetarians is tough to find. Thanks to good reviews and word of mouth, Le Potager has become incredibly busy and the quality of both the food and service has declined on my last couple visits.

There always seems to be just one server for 12-14 tables, and I think the owners should be investing in having enough staff to ensure customers aren’t waiting so long. It took 40 minutes just to place my order on my last visit! The server was also very frazzled, as I would be too if I had no help, and that changes the environment of the restaurant.

I have also noticed that the food quality isn’t as high anymore. The sauce on top of the veggie burger on my last visit didn’t taste fresh, and the mashed potatoes were cold and didn’t taste how they usually do. This may have just been because they were understaffed, but when I’m paying 18 euros for a veggie burger I expect it to be prepared perfectly.

It’s still a place I will go back to, and I always recommend it to vegetarians visiting Paris. I would just like to see Le Potager make needed improvements and strive to get better by investing in a better customer experience. Some new menu options would be nice too!

Visited July 2014