“Unbelievably tasty!”

Neighbourhood: Le Marais
London, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably tasty!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Sorry, no pictures, the food was destroyed in no time.

My boyfriend and I had a dinner at Le Potager du Marais and we both found it exceptionally tasty!

I couldn't believe that the vegetarian (vegan?) food could be cooked that well and be presented so nicely! I went for the crusty quinoa burger (I have no idea what was in there, but the amazing flavours still sit in my head) with the almond brown rice and the tastiest broccoli I've ever tried (again, no idea what the ingredients were, which is quite fascinating and makes you appreciate how complicated it is). It was difficult to decide what to go for because everything I saw being served looked gorgeous and smelled lovely (nut roast for instance)! I also ordered a cup of hot chocolate (made with almond milk?), which tasted yummy... And what's the most important, the price was affordable and we left feeling happy.

The owner was very nice trying to accommodate everyone as there was quite a big reservation 1h after we came, but he still found a table for us and a couple others, who came after us, letting us know that we have a limited time. I think I actually read somewhere that it's better to make a reservation if you intend to come for a dinner around 19:30.

The orders were taken and served promptly.

The possible downsides (if I have to put something) would be: the restaurant not being open full day (12:00–4:00 pm 7:00 pm – 12:00 am) and the restaurant being quite small - I would love if they also had an outside terrace, but as you can see, nothing big...

I would definitely go back and try as many options from the menu as I can, I know all of them will meet the highest expectations!

• Visited August 2014

“very nice vegetarian restaurant”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

we got two vegan dishes that were quite tasty. The portions are not too big but this helps you to appreciate much more what you are eating. The wine is also good. Prices average in Paris.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cgiocoli
“Wonderful Food + Friendly Service = Memorable Experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'd read about this place in my guide book and decided to pop in as we were in the area. Our waiter was extremely welcoming and friendly and we felt immediately comfortable in our surroundings.

I had the quinoa burger with mashed potatoes and my wife had the spinach lasagne. Both were excellent - generous portions and well presented. But the real treats were the desserts: we're still raving about the berry crumble several days and thousands of miles later. Although the upside-down apple pie ("tarte tatin") was great, it couldn't match that crumble!

Highly recommended whether you're vegan/veggie or not.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank KenjiNag
“Excellent Vegan Food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We visited Le Potager du Marais for an evening meal and was not disappointed. The food was great and service was friendly. The only reason why I am giving it a 4 and not a 5 is the price of the food. It was just a bit too expensive but saying that the portions were huge!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Simon V
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious, abundant & energising food with flair”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family enjoyed a fabulous birthday brunch at Le Potager. Loved the French Onion Soup and the Spinach Lasagne was really tasty. The place was crowded with locals - always a good sign. Good wine selection, Service was fast and friendly.

• Visited May 2014