“Very tasty dishes!”
Review of Restaurant Market

Restaurant Market
Reserve with
Restaurant Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,557 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$35 - US$94
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Market is a popular restaurant with a French-Asian cuisine Located on Avenue Matignon, close to the Champs-Elysees, Market was decorated by Christian Liaigre, with simple materials such as marble, wood and leather. Chef Jean-Georges delivers us inventive dishes using fresh ingredients from the market and original combinations of spices and seasoning.
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We had a very successful dinner at Le Market. The location is central and the neighbourhood nice.

I had a crab cake as appetizer (which was very tasty) but the prawns a la plancha that my colleagues ate seemed to be even better. The sirlon steak most of us had as main dish was excellent. The desserts where also fantastic, on request they served strawberries and icecream to some in the group. We were all very pleased with the food and also the with the wines, which were not that expensive. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 11 May 2011

We ate at Market this evening with some trepidation, having read some of the negative reviews on this site.

I am happy to report that we had a a wonderful evening - the service was superb (by the standards of any major city), the food was very good and the overall experience terrific. Our server spoke nearly fluent English and was extremely welcoming & attentive. The food was brought out promptly, but we did not feel rushed at all. The quality, and inventiveness, of the food itself warrants mention - the highlight was a tuna & wasabi pizza, which was fantastic. It should be noted that anyone looking for traditional French cuisine should not come to Market - and, it is not an inexpensive restaurant (our bill came to approx €200 for 2 people). However, if you're looking for clever, tasty food in a chic spot that welcomes foreigners, this is a great place to check out.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

Despite the conventional thinking that in France eat French food, mixing it up a bit with a restaurant that has a definite California twist can be pretty uber delicious as well and is a must if your in Paris. I blogged about the resto here on my blog. http://thetastysidetolife.blogspot.com/2010/11/market-restaurant-little-california-and.html

Market, is big, wide and open with dark wood, raw materials, lots of natural light and huge windows. The neighborhood around Market is chic and right next to Chrisites auction house so if you feel like looking at some incredible paintings and sculptures that you can't afford but want to dream about after a truffled pizza and a few glasses of bubbly it could be a good idea. Apparently the Chef's table is often reserved by celebrities (I know Gwyneth Paltrow loves it from her blog).

Overall the place is cute, trendy and a bit expensive but not overly. The dishes are original, the plating is vibrant and the dessert is delicious. I'd order a few table appetizers to start: the pizza with shaved black truffle and fontina, the watermelon soup with fried shrimp if they have it and the tuna tartare. Then maybe the oven cooked Cabillaud fish with basil oil marinated veggies, the market burger with brie and truffle vinegareete or the farm raised chicken crusted in parmesean and dusted with lemongrass butter. For desserts the cheese cake or passionfruit sorbet is killer. Bon Appetite!!

Reviewed 2 October 2010

We had the tuna tartar appetizer and it was so salty - inedible. After my first bite, I told our waiter who then called over the manager. The manager came over in questioning and patronizing tone to explain that the fish is not salted. He then went on to ask my friend (with whom I was sharing the dish) if she thought it was salty. This is an irrelevant point because taste is subjective and if I felt like it was salty, it's SALTY! We both had one bite and did not finish the dish. Anyhow, the entree that I ordered happened to have the same sauce as the tuna tartar, so needless to say it was SODIUM RICH. It would have been nice for the waitstaff to realize this and recommend I change my order after my appetizer callout. The manager came over for a second time to ask if my fish was salty (sarcastically, insultingly). Then when I got the bill, the appetizer was not removed. We were overcharged for our beverages. Last words are, do not go. It's a tourist trap and not the same level of Jean Georges quality/experience that you would expect. Do not waste your money or your time here.

1  Thank eek35
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I have lived in Paris for 6 years as an expat and have experienced many many meals! I have to say Market is my favorite. The manager, Rajoo, is by far the best manager in Paris, The full staff is nothing but professional and beyond polite. I look forward to going and have never been disappointed.

Must try to wasabi pizza with tuna....out of this world along with the tuna over avacado...the tuna in both dishes is the best tuna I have had outside of Toyko