“Very good but service can be improved”
Review of Restaurant Market

Restaurant Market
Reserve with
Restaurant Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,476 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$37 - US$98
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Market is a popular restaurant with a French-Asian cuisine Located on Avenue Matignon, close to the Champs-Elysees, Market was decorated by Christian Liaigre, with simple materials such as marble, wood and leather. Chef Jean-Georges delivers us inventive dishes using fresh ingredients from the market and original combinations of spices and seasoning.
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I am from Paris so was not expecting the level of service that you get in the US, but we clearly had the feeling that if they see you as a tourist (I booked giving my foreign phone number), they will not give you the attention that they give to other "local" customers... basically, we were given a table right in the middle of the way, whereas there were two very nice tables free by the window - when we asked to change, we were told that they were both already taken, which may have been true for one (a couple who arrived more or less at the same time, but that happened to know the hostess...), but clearly wasn't for the second one (as we saw that they gave it to some "VIP" guests who arrived a bit later without even a reservation...). We eventually took another table less "in the way", which was fine.

They also took their time to come with the menu and to take our order, but eventually the rest was up to our expectations in terms of quality of the food and wine recommendations (very professional sommelier). Overall very pleasant evening if you manage to forget the attitude of the hostess...

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I was at the Market on Sunday, and I was shocked by the poor service. The noise level was horrible, due to restaurant turning up the music much too loud. When I asked for the wine list, I waited 15 minutes, and then longer before I was brought the wine.
It was their loss as we ran out as fast as we could, no dessert, no coffee for us.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This restaurant demonstrates that there is more to dining in Paris than the standard French staples. The menu was eclectic and international in flavour served in a modern rather than traditional setting. The meal was well presented using fresh ingredients. Service was good. I've been here twice now and the experience was consistent.

It's a 'busy' place with plenty of 'buzz' and suited for business lunches and dinners and is probably OK for couples seeking a quality meal but not that 'special' occasion.

At 200 euros for two (two courses plus wine and coffee) it wasn't 'cheap' and if price is your primary driver I'd look elsewhere. All up I felt it was reasonable value and I'd go there again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

So after making reservations on recconmendation of good friends we wanted to celebrate our birthday.

On arrival we first had to explain to the waitress we did not spoke French language very well. So we explained to the waitress and her colleague who understood English, as a interpreter, that we were having a special evening and had something to celebrate. Ordered a bottle of wine and starters and main course. Food was good but not exeptional. It was ok. So after 1 hour piad 175 eur we were outside the restaurant! Thank you very much to completely ruin our supposed to be good evening. On the doorstep we explained a male coleague that the actually did ruin our evening and that we were very angry. We got offererd to drink someting. Can you imagine? First dump food and drinks in no time and then ask you back in. So we turned that down of course. Please be so kind to look after good restaurants Paris has more than enough. And with understanding staff.

2  Thank FrankdeJong_12
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was taken for a business lunch here in October 2013 and even though we had table booked the place was rammed and the wait was painless since the food was brilliant exactly what we ordered, now I guess it helped that one of the associates I was with is a regular but nonethless, the lunch was superb.