“Terrible service, average food”
Review of Restaurant Market

Restaurant Market
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,949 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$35 - US$94
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Market is a popular restaurant with a French-Asian cuisine Located on Avenue Matignon, close to the Champs-Elysees, Market was decorated by Christian Liaigre, with simple materials such as marble, wood and leather. Chef Jean-Georges delivers us inventive dishes using fresh ingredients from the market and original combinations of spices and seasoning.
Paris, France
“Terrible service, average food”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Went to dinner here a few nights ago with a group of friends. The setting is very attractive, but honestly, the service ruined it for us. We waited at least 30 minutes to be served our drinks, and when we had to ask several times to remind the waitress, instead of apologizing, she seemed pissed off. Honestly, I think the real problem comes from the management because the restaurant is extremely understaffed.

The first courses were nice, but the mains were all average compared to the price. For a restaurant that costs over 80€/person for a two course meal (we skipped on dessert) with wine, I would have definitely expected better service and better quality.

Don't think I will be going back!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Ugg!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from dinner at Market. The service could not have been better. From the moment we walked in to when we left, everyone was terrific.
Now to the reason for one star. At the bottom of my soup bowl were 2 little, tiny, curly hairs. I will let you think where they came from. We pointed them out & they were extremely apologetic , but that was it. Next course, I ordered lamb chops per the chef. When they arrived they were not only raw but the portion size was that of a whooly mammoth. Two of the biggest freakin things I have ever seen. I sent them back to be cooked properly and when they returned I ate a bit but because of their size it was obviously a very large sheep not a lamb so the flavor was off. My friend needed to use the rest room which is downstairs & she wasn't able to make due to a foot injury. A member of the staff kindly offered her the use if the staff bathroom on that floor. She was extremely grateful until she found there was no soap. :((. Which brings us full circle. Small, curly hair in soup, no soap in bathroom. If you come to the horrific conclusion we did, well I think you will understand the length of this review.
I will again speak to the professionalism of the servers. Our desserts were comped but in the end, it was too late.

1 Thank Lisa S
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always an exquisite evening!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk in, you feel the hip, get understated vibe of this modern, elegant venue. We started with the foie gras prepared with capers and berries.... The calamari was cooked perfectly and served with a wonderful sauce. The sirloin was served over mashed potatoes surrounded by a wonderful Asian influenced sauce. My wife had skate encrusted with mustard and capers....all fantastic. Service with our waitress Nora could not have been better....ask for her and a table by the window.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Stealing Customer Money”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Went to Market several times and loved the place ... Until unprofessional Valet doubled parked my car, while I paid him €10. A few weeks later, got a ticket in the mail for €35. On my next trip to Paris went to restaurant to complain and while they told me they would take care of it, they actually did not pay the ticket and got my fine jacked up to €75. Manager on Duty, Mr. Cibietta, did not follow-up with me as expected to re-credit my Amex. A Valet parking at €85 is stealing customer money !!

• Visited November 2013
Canada
“Overpriced and Overcharged”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I had dinner here in February 2014.

The restaurant is in a good, central location…just off of the Champs Elysees.

As others have stated previously, it is very much a "business" type restaurant. There were several business meeting occurring as we were enjoying our dinner. Overall atmosphere is okay.

The wait staff are courteous and speak English, which is a bonus.

Portion sizes were generous, food was decent. I had the sea scallops carpaccio as an appetizer (which didn't impress) and the slow-baked salmon for an entree. My husband had the angus burger and fries.

The food is rather overpriced…and in fact, we ordered a bottle of wine which is stated to be 38 euros on the menu, but when our bill came, we were charged 45 euros.

It is unlikely that I would visit this restaurant again, nor would I recommend it to friends travelling to Paris.

• Visited February 2014