“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Market

Market
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,407 of 16,841 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$32 - US$86
Cuisines: French, European, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Market is a popular restaurant with a French-Asian cuisine Located on Avenue Matignon, close to the Champs-Elysees, Market was decorated by Christian Liaigre, with simple materials such as marble, wood and leather. Chef Jean-Georges delivers us inventive dishes using fresh ingredients from the market and original combinations of spices and seasoning.
London, United Kingdom
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stumbled upon Le Market having been unhappy with a restaurant close by and LOVED it.

Walk in - no reservation. We had three children with us, one of whom can be very fussy but the menu was fantastic.

Chicken Samosa for entrees was YUM!

Staff were fantastic, extensive wine list, convenient location.
Definitely recommend!

• Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
“Only if your company is paying for it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Short version: Market serves decent food to busy businessmen, in a classy setting, for a lot of money, which thankfully also pays for lots of very attentive staff.

Long version:

I went to Market for a business dinner in April 2014. This was my second visit (not my choice) and it confirmed my previous opinion.

Market is next to the Champs Elysées. Clearly, they cater to a business clientele more interested in setting the good mood to do business than in eating great food.

We had a large table (20 people). The staff was very attentive and very knowledgeable. Our glasses where kept full throughout the meal, and dishes arrived quickly (even too quickly sometimes).

My main issue was with the food: it just wasn't very nice.

The entrée was a sea bass ceviche. I could not really discern any flavors: to me it tasted like a bland raw fish dunked in oil, but maybe that's just me. One issue: we were provided with chopsticks, but the bits of fish were too large to eat in one mouthful, so I had to cut them up myself.

The main was chicken coated in parmesan on a bed of asparagus. This was the dish I preferred, probably because everything was perfectly cooked (and I don't usually like asparagus).

The dessert was a green tea "opera", which is some kind of a layered chocolate and sponge cake. It wasn't very nice: the sponge cake was really dry and the chocolate was pretty tough.

In the end I gave this location only 3 stars because of the price of the dinner : 90€ for a 3-courses menu and a glass of wine is OK in Paris if the food is perfect. This wasn't the case during the dinner. I'm not surprised that one can get a 30% discount by booking through Lafourchette.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LostInHongKong2
Paris, France
“Terrible service, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Went to dinner here a few nights ago with a group of friends. The setting is very attractive, but honestly, the service ruined it for us. We waited at least 30 minutes to be served our drinks, and when we had to ask several times to remind the waitress, instead of apologizing, she seemed pissed off. Honestly, I think the real problem comes from the management because the restaurant is extremely understaffed.

The first courses were nice, but the mains were all average compared to the price. For a restaurant that costs over 80€/person for a two course meal (we skipped on dessert) with wine, I would have definitely expected better service and better quality.

Don't think I will be going back!

“Ugg!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from dinner at Market. The service could not have been better. From the moment we walked in to when we left, everyone was terrific.
Now to the reason for one star. At the bottom of my soup bowl were 2 little, tiny, curly hairs. I will let you think where they came from. We pointed them out & they were extremely apologetic , but that was it. Next course, I ordered lamb chops per the chef. When they arrived they were not only raw but the portion size was that of a whooly mammoth. Two of the biggest freakin things I have ever seen. I sent them back to be cooked properly and when they returned I ate a bit but because of their size it was obviously a very large sheep not a lamb so the flavor was off. My friend needed to use the rest room which is downstairs & she wasn't able to make due to a foot injury. A member of the staff kindly offered her the use if the staff bathroom on that floor. She was extremely grateful until she found there was no soap. :((. Which brings us full circle. Small, curly hair in soup, no soap in bathroom. If you come to the horrific conclusion we did, well I think you will understand the length of this review.
I will again speak to the professionalism of the servers. Our desserts were comped but in the end, it was too late.

1 Thank Lisa S
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always an exquisite evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk in, you feel the hip, get understated vibe of this modern, elegant venue. We started with the foie gras prepared with capers and berries.... The calamari was cooked perfectly and served with a wonderful sauce. The sirloin was served over mashed potatoes surrounded by a wonderful Asian influenced sauce. My wife had skate encrusted with mustard and capers....all fantastic. Service with our waitress Nora could not have been better....ask for her and a table by the window.

Visited March 2014