“Bad Service Ruined Evening”
Review of Restaurant Market

Restaurant Market
Reserve with
Restaurant Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,566 of 17,871 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$35 - US$94
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Market is a popular restaurant with a French-Asian cuisine Located on Avenue Matignon, close to the Champs-Elysees, Market was decorated by Christian Liaigre, with simple materials such as marble, wood and leather. Chef Jean-Georges delivers us inventive dishes using fresh ingredients from the market and original combinations of spices and seasoning.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lively place in interesting menu but such bad service that it ruined everything else.
Still cannot remember what I ordered maybe it is because it still not been served.
Maybe it was an off night aas it was crowded but I will wait the same amount of time they did to serve for me to return

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Le Market is a sleek, modern restaurant with great people watching in Paris' 8th arrondissement. There was one child, who was engrossed by his iPad game. Excellent service. The food was very good. My daughter and I split two appetizers - a huge artichoke with aioli mayonnaise and asparagus with mushrooms and vinaigrette. For our main course, my daughter had a tuna tartare and I had veal Milanese. Save room for dessert! We split an ice cream sundae with vanilla and chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallow creme and popcorn. Yummy! Everything was excellent.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was suggested by the concierge at Le Bristol. Atmosphere and food were great. Not too expensive for the quality of food, the ambiance and service. Definitely would return.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stumbled upon Le Market having been unhappy with a restaurant close by and LOVED it.

Walk in - no reservation. We had three children with us, one of whom can be very fussy but the menu was fantastic.

Chicken Samosa for entrees was YUM!

Staff were fantastic, extensive wine list, convenient location.
Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Short version: Market serves decent food to busy businessmen, in a classy setting, for a lot of money, which thankfully also pays for lots of very attentive staff.

Long version:

I went to Market for a business dinner in April 2014. This was my second visit (not my choice) and it confirmed my previous opinion.

Market is next to the Champs Elysées. Clearly, they cater to a business clientele more interested in setting the good mood to do business than in eating great food.

We had a large table (20 people). The staff was very attentive and very knowledgeable. Our glasses where kept full throughout the meal, and dishes arrived quickly (even too quickly sometimes).

My main issue was with the food: it just wasn't very nice.

The entrée was a sea bass ceviche. I could not really discern any flavors: to me it tasted like a bland raw fish dunked in oil, but maybe that's just me. One issue: we were provided with chopsticks, but the bits of fish were too large to eat in one mouthful, so I had to cut them up myself.

The main was chicken coated in parmesan on a bed of asparagus. This was the dish I preferred, probably because everything was perfectly cooked (and I don't usually like asparagus).

The dessert was a green tea "opera", which is some kind of a layered chocolate and sponge cake. It wasn't very nice: the sponge cake was really dry and the chocolate was pretty tough.

In the end I gave this location only 3 stars because of the price of the dinner : 90€ for a 3-courses menu and a glass of wine is OK in Paris if the food is perfect. This wasn't the case during the dinner. I'm not surprised that one can get a 30% discount by booking through Lafourchette.

1  Thank LostInHongKong2