“A Comfortable First Meal in Paris”
Review of L'Atlas

L'Atlas
Ranked #7,338 of 17,161 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Sacramento, California
“A Comfortable First Meal in Paris”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

L'Atlas is notable for its friendly, helpful staff. We had lunch there, just off the plane, while waiting for our apartment to be ready. It was a comfortable place to begin to orient ourselves and adjust to Paris cafe prices.

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Seafood, People Watching and A Busker”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My Family arrived in Paris for our long weekend trip, and we were looking for a convenient and tasty dinner with average service. We certainly got most of that. We sticked with a seafood dinner, with two of us sharing a seafood platter and my sister trying L'Escargot, I quote "ButterSponges" While I went for the Mozzarella Tomato, and a bucket of Mussels. Clearly we had different ideas of a large bucket as I finished the bucket and began to start grabbing from the remains of the seafood platter.

Whilst enjoying our various meals some uncalled-for entertainment appeared; a busker who couldn't quite sing and could only just play all the necessary chords on his guitar, throughout dinner we saw absolutely no one donating cash to this sorry looking gentlemen and by the end I felt like I had to walk over and leave some euro change.

They appeared to be quite busy as it was hard to obtain the bill and "rich fruity sauce" aka ketchup for the lonely looking chips left on the plate. However this was a good choice for our first night in Paris and we hope for it to continue.

• Visited April 2014
Denver, CO
“Dog Food Served Here”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife has scallops and they were rubbery. I had steak and it was 50% fat. There is not much to say except the food was terrible and I would not recommend this place to anybody.

Visited April 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I visited this restaurant twice on a recent trip to Paris and was delighted both times. The prices seemed quite average and the service was very friendly (especially for someone who didn't speak any French). The food was very good, in particular the warm goat's cheese salad and the bread, which was fresh from the oven - just heavenly! They were also very honest. I asked if the mussels were good, but they said it wasn't season so steered me away from them, which I really appreciated.

Glasgow
“Great Service”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It is what it is. You're in the middle of a really busy tourist area of Paris. They have a beautiful fresh seafood bar right outside the front door but it will cost you!

A half carafe (50cl) of white wine was 22 Euros and our starter of Foie Gras was 18 Euros. Don’t let that put you off
though – we did go for expensive stuff! However, our Moules Frites were only around 16 Euros which wasn’t too bad.

We had a lovely waiter and great banter. Would go back in an instant.