“Best crepes I have ever had . . .”

Le carre aux Crepes
Ranked #47 of 430 Restaurants in Versailles
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Best crepes I have ever had . . .”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Two friends from Canada and I were visiting Versailles in May of 2013 (ignore the July 2013 date - it wont go back any farther), having arrived early in the morning, we were hungry and wanted to get something for breakfast before visiting the palace. This place is about five minutes from the train station. To get there, you're going the opposite direction from the palace on the main street - you walk maybe a quarter mile and turn right on Rue D'anjou (you can spot the restaurant from the main street). We were one of the first ones there, as the restaurant opened only a few minutes before we arrived. We were seated downstairs near the bar and for the most part, it was quite a pleasant experience . . . albeit, the restaurant filled up fast. The food was delicious (we all had different varieties of crepes) and it was a very good experience overall. I thought the prices were reasonable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to friends and family visiting Versailles for the first time.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Harpenden, England, United Kingdom
“Great Crepes ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We visited last night and had a lovely meal the Crepes are lovely and ther is lots of choice including a type of burger crepe which I refrained from ordering :-)! As there were plenty of interesting combinations to be had. Panacotta for pudding was delicious.

All in all a great meal.

Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Yummy crepes!!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We went to Le Carre aux Crepes for dinner on a Saturday night at opening time at 7pm. Although we didn't have a booking, we were seated straight away. Extensive (crepes) menu to choose from. We all chose something different and everything we had was excellent. The service was very quick and efficient; it was just a shame our waitress wasn't very engaging or friendly but it didn't spoil our meal there. Would highly recommend this place; lovely setting and very clean!!!

Visited April 2014
Soignies, Belgium
“Excellent crepes”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our family of 5, two adults, three kids, went here for dinner on a Saturday night. We were seated immediately and given menus in English, which was very helpful! We ordered a variety of different crepes for dinner, one of which we asked to have without cheese. I'm sure they thought we were nuts, but I have one no-cheese eating child. The waitress came back to verify that we truly didn't want any cheese. It was comical. Anyway, the food arrived quickly and was absolutely delicious. We decided that we needed to try dessert crepes as well, and they were equally delicious. The salted caramel sauce they used was amazing, and if they had sold it bottled, I would have bought it. (They didn't sell it-I asked!). Overall, a delicious meal, a reasonable price, and quick service, which is important when eating with kids. I would definitely recommend eating here.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Wagnerrp
Versailles, France
“Crepe Heaven”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I am unspeakably pleased this creperie is just down the road from my apartment! The service is truly commendable. It's a small place which means that the staff are able to acommodate your needs punctually. The last time I was there they were hosting a dinner for a large family group of around 20 people, and although some resteraunts would struggle to manage this on top of an already full resteraunt the staff managed with style.

The crepes are devilishly good and they have an array of cider which is a perfect accompaniment. It's also a lot more reasonable in price than a lot of creperies nearby. This is my favourite creperie in France.

• Visited May 2013