“Best way to see Versailles” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Versailles Gardens Segway Tour
Ranked #5 of 14 Tours in Versailles
More attraction details
Owner description: It would take you 2 days to visit all the gardens and to discover the mysteries of the extraordinary park from Versailles. Thanks to this circuit, you will be able to visit the main fountains and statues of the park, to go from the hameau de la Reine to the petit Trianon in a few minutes without tiredness, and to see some of the most beautiful "spots" from which the castle can be seen.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best way to see Versailles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Versailles. On the first visit I was disappointed that I couldn't see more of the grounds. The gardens and Versailles are huge and walking could never cover it.

I got the segway idea late, but the staff were wonderful and accommodated our small group off three graciously. Our guides were Nicolas and Maria. Their knowledge of the history of the area was amazing and their English was perfect.

The Segway machine looked a little "sketchy" at first and my 18 year old daughter was cautious as we started out. The staff were very patient with us and took their time making sure we were comfortable and safe. By the end of the tour we were all tolling around on the segways like they were attached to our feet from birth.

3 Thank Pete C

Toronto, Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Everyone visiting Versailles should take advantage of this great excursion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a highlight of my vacation to France.

After getting lost on our way to Versailles (wrong train station) my friend and I arrived two hours late. Not only did Versailles Segway accommodate us but we went on a private tour with our charming and very knowledgeable guide Vincent.

We had a blast zipping through the park learning all about the history of Chateau Versailles. I could see a lot of people wandering the grounds checking us out and their faces suggested, 'darn, why didn't I think to do it like that?'

The grounds are stunning. The history is fascinating. The segways are so much fun!

Even with our delayed arrival the Segway tour left us time to stroll through the palace tour in the afternoon.

I am so glad we found Versailles Segway - I will recommend them anyone travelling to Versailles (and I'll be looking for segway tours everywhere I travel now).

2 Thank grniii1
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Segways - great way to see the huge palace grounds & still have time to explore inside the palace.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Brilliant way to cover the beautiful but HUGE gardens & estate grounds of Versailles palace! To give you an idea, Just getting around the grand canal alone is 7 km!! We only had a day to visit Versailles & really wanted to see both inside the palace & the grounds. We considered riding bikes but when we realised how huge the area was, we became concerned that we would be worn out by the time we got to tour the inside of the palace. The segways were the perfect choice. On The day we toured it rained but the staff were so friendly & helpful & provided us with gloves & rain ponchos. After a few minutes of one on one instruction on how to use the segways we were off. We are in our 50's & had a ball learning how to "Segway" whilst soaking up the beauty of the palace estates. We segwayed out to Marie-antoinettes estate, queens hamlet, grand & petite Trianon & the entire circumference of the grand canal. Just stunning! Stopped for informative chats along the way. After returning the segways we stopped for a relaxing lunch then walked a few metres back into the palace grounds to spend the afternoon touring the inside of the palace. Just wonderful! Only tip is to allow a few more minutes to locate the events office as it is few minutes further on from the palace by foot & we were late getting there ( but the staff were very accommodating & had us sorted in no time).

1 Thank Chris B
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Versailles (palace)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

If in Paris you should not miss this truly magical place. Not only for the paintings, gardens & roof murals were breathtaking. The gardens are kept in pristine order. Make sure you allow at least 1/2 a day to explore as less than that will not be enough. There is a souvenir shop with a cafe so you can sit & peruse your purchases before going to the amenities and retire to the city for more exploration of Paris. We visited during the summer so the weather was fine but if not there are plenty of indoor spaces to explore. The history of the palace with King Louis, Marie Antoinette & their children. I loved the bedrooms where their art is on the walls. The antiques and the special rooms such as the Napoleon room made it more recognisable.

Visited June 2013
Grove, Oklahoma
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Versailles is awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

While I had visited Versailles back in the 70's and again in the 90's , but when we took our grand daughter with us, it was as if we were seeing it with new eyes. Unfortunately we went during the Christmas holidays and it was 'extremely' busy with lots of crowds. I would recommend NOT going there during holidays in order to enjoy it more fully!

Visited December 2013