“French hospitality at best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Versailles

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Versailles
Villa Versailles
Ranked #1 of 8 Versailles B&B and Inns
The Hague, The Netherlands
“French hospitality at best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Our stay at the villa Versailles was excellent. The hostess is a remarkeble person,not only does she know everything there is about Versailles, she bakes the best macarons! Our stay at the villa Versailles helped us understand the true meaning of hospitality. The hostess has a great way of giving a lot of personal help which helpes making the stay worth wile, she does understand were the line is between private and communual time. All together is the villa Versailles the best accommodation for people who really want to see the city of Versailles and those who understand and appreciate good french hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
villaversailles, Propriétaire at Villa Versailles, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Rutger Family !
Thank you very much for your comment.
I felt really flattered when I read it !
Even if your stay was short , I am really happy and honoured you felt all that about Villa Versailles and me and my macarons !!!
I hope I will have the pleasure to see you another time !
I hope you also enjoyed vaulx le Vicomte after leaving Versailles.
Sincerely
vanessa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed for 10 or so days in March of 2013. Perfect place for two people. We could relax and have coffee and breakfast in the morning and if we didn't want to go out for dinner we could visit the local shops on Rue Royal to get some things to eat at "home." Convenient and quiet location. Historic charm with modern amenities. It was our first trip to France and if we get a chance to go back we will definitely stay here again, Vanessa is wonderful and so helpful! Make sure to ask Vanessa about her French Pastry classes too!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dee
Thank you so much for taking time to write a comment on tripadvisor.
it was a real pleasure meeting you and your husband.
I am really happy you had a great time, specially with your painting classes at M. Sablé's school.
I went on your website and a your FB page, and I saw your first comments on your trip ! Can't wait to see part n°2 !
I hope I will have the chance to see you another time: who knows maybe you will come back for pleasure, work or cycling !
You have met Versailles Under the snow, Under the sun it is even better.
I wish you good luck for your future work; I love what you are doing !
Take care ; and in french , we say: bonne route !
Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

We spent with our two children some days in Paris, Versailles. The house was warm and cosy and very French. Vanessa was really nice and very welcoming. Although the weather was grey, we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

There is a reason why this cottage is No.1 and that is because it deserves to be!
It is a perfect little cottage to explore Versailles and has been carefully created by Vanessa the host to be comfortable and homely.

There is only one bedroom with the bathroom on the same floor. The small kitchenette lets you prepare meals if need be and the supplied breakfast is quite adequete.

Vanessa the host is very helpful and parking is possible at the rear of the building or on the street.

Be aware that the villa does not face the roadway, it is hidden in a courtyard not visible from the road. It is on the corner of Rue Borgnis Desbordes and Rue Alexandre Bontemps for those who may have trouble finding it, like we did.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
villaversailles, Propriétaire at Villa Versailles, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Robert and Diana,
Thanks so much for your comment !
I hope you find everybody OK at home after this 2 month holiday around Europe.
I promess I will put a little sticker on the door so it will be easier to find !!!
Take care
Sincerely
vanessa
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I normally stay in hotels on regular business trips. On this occasion I was late booking and found it impossible to get a hotel at a reasonable price. I found Villa Versailles almost by accident and was encouraged by the excellent reviews here on Trip Advisor. In short.... they're not all wrong. From the time I first received a call in reply to my voice-mail, I felt welcomed and this only increased as time went on. I was arriving late in the evening and this seemed to pose no difficulty to my Hostess. She met me and showed me around before enquiring about my breakfast requirements. Breakfast was delivered promptly in the morning and the quality was excellent. On the consecutive mornings the breakfasts were top quality with a little variety thrown in each day. The accommodation was spacious, clean and cosy, I lacked for nothing but even if there was something missing, I feel it would only have been an enquiry away. The location hit two main points for me, It was close to where I needed to go for work and also close to the centre of Versailles for food and entertainment.
Recommendations for restaurants (and local attractions) were excellent, although I had little time to really enjoy many of them.
The whole experience was very warm and homely and a breath of fresh air from the less personal hotel experience.
I will definitely be making this my first choice in the Versailles area for either business or pleasure trips.

Room Tip: There is only one!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pyroTDublin
villaversailles, Propriétaire at Villa Versailles, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear Mark
Thank you so much for writing this nice comment.
It was a real pleasure having you and I hope next time you wil come with family.
I am trying my best to make Villa Versailles a warm place, and make people fell like home.
When I read your comment, I think I can say I succeeded !!!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

What a gem!
A perfect private little house in the owner's garden. An ideal location for exploring most of Versailles on foot. The house is very well equipped and tastefully decorated with quality furnishings. Vanessa is delightful.,
Puk and Michael
Vancouver, canada

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PukJ_12
Dear Puk and Michael,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a comment.
What a trip you have been making around France for the last months !
I am glad Versailles and Villa Versailles (and my homemade fig jam) were part of it !
Enjoy you last moments in Paris!
Thanks for the DVD
Take care
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Perfect stay in this lovely house! The hostess was both accommodating, servicminded and very patient with our three young, energetic boys and their different needs. The house is lovely decorated and has everything you need, including free parking. Location is quiet and central. Versailles was a good base for seeing the Paris area, and a great alternative to staying in the city, especially if you plan to have a car. Don't miss the castle gardens! Our children loved it!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Maja,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a comment .
I am glad the whole family enjoyed Villa Versailles and Versailles.
Your 3 boys are great ! A special hello to my little friend Linus !
See you soon !