“You Must Visit Here !!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aux Caves des Deux Portes
Avon, CT
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“You Must Visit Here !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

This is a small wine store on a street, or alley, not open to cars and across from a restaurant I recommend you eat at. The proprietor is Guillaume Aubert who is a very knowledgable wine merchant and speaks very good English. His assortment was spectacular and Guillaume will spend as much time with you as you want helping you find just the right wines for your taste. I looked throughout Paris and was unable to find a place like this. But here in Versailles I bought 7 bottles after a wonderful lunch. Go! You won't regret it.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Walter11_22

Serbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great stop for wine lovers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

I have a really great experience with this small shop, and it's owner. I have been returning there every time I visited Paris, enjoyed the long informative talks that I had with the owner, and returnih back to Serbia with at least 5 bottles of really good french wine that we have selected. Extremly patient for all of my question, the owner is also a great host and a great connoisseur of wine, and he also has some really interesting rare bottles.

Chicago
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great place to pick up a few bottles of wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

The owner and his wife are incredible hosts and are very accomodating for visitors who aren't fluent in French.

We were recommended to the shop by guides from Fat Tire Bike Tours when we did their Versailles bike tour. After strolling through the market, we headed to the north east corner of the square and down a narrow lane that has a number of shops and cafes.

The owner welcomed a group of us in and began an impromptu tasting session with a few bottles of red and white wines. He helped us narrow to one bottle that we purchased, left, thought twice and returned to buy a second bottle.

I'd recommend without hesitation this small but well stocked wine shop where French hospitality shines!

3 Thank cpo-lmo