“One of the best places to eat fish”

La Perle de Saint-Louis
Ranked #19 of 434 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant de poissons et fruits de mer. Ouvert du mardi au samedi. De 12h a 14h et de 19h15 a 22h.Terrasse d'ete rue pietonne .nadine et Francois vous souhaitent la bienvenue.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Simply one of the best restaurant I have ever tried. Very intimate (around 6-8 tables), it's compulsory to reserve, but it's absolutely worth. Fresh fish, cooked in a simply delicious way. To recommend.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I'm so happy I read about this restaurant here at TripAdvisor, as we travelled to Versailles by train from Paris on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 and wanted to have dinner in the area. La Perle de Saint-Louis is in the older neighborhood to the left of the train station (as you depart the station, whereas the Chateau de Versailles is on your right as you leave the station - both destinations are just a few minutes walk from the train station).

We walked to the restaurant at noontime to make reservations that evening; the hostess was very accommodating and welcoming. On our day, the restaurant opened for dinner at 6:30pm, so that is when we made a reservation (to eat and rest after 6 hours of visiting the Chateau and gardens....)

There is a terrace with tables and umbrellas adjacent to the restaurant which I would recommend to sit. The menu is beautiful and the cuisine really top-notch. Three of us enjoyed fruits de mer, freshly and lovingly prepared. The main course comes with a side of vegetables including a tomato provencale, the plates and glasses are beautiful. There was one woman serving the terrace who was very patient with us as we don't speak fluent french; she was both welcoming but not condescending; she was respectful and gracious.

Note that you must make a reservation for dinner - even though there may be empty tables when you arrive, there is only so much help on any given night, and they won't fill every seat if there are not enough staff to make everyone comfortable (and they might not have prepared enough food, not predicting the number of walk-ins.)

During our evening, the mix of patrons was 20% tourist and 80% french and/or locals. I would recommend a visit to La Perle de Saint-Louis for both the authentic cuisine and the "off the beaten path" location in the old village section of Versailles. Eating dinner here made the trip to Versailles unique and memorable.

4  Thank RobSwims
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place not only does some seriously good fish, but it's also displayed wonderfully on the plates! Although due to the price this is something I'd consider for special ocassions, the food was outstanding and I didn't have any issues with the service. If you're looking for somewhere cosy on a summer's evening and you're a fan of fish, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Zellebnz
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Firstly, I have to say the food was excellent in terms of product quality, preparation, and presentation. Relative to pricing (75 euros for one appetizer, two entrées, and a bottle of water), I was entirely satisfied in this respect. That being said, the service fell quite short of our expectations. On a rather cold evening, we were effectively forgotten on the terrace. We made numerous requests for the bill without any reaction other than continued reassurances that it was being prepared. After enduring the cold and negligence for roughly 30 minutes, I decided to settle the bill myself at the bar. Given the limited number of tables (~8), I don't understand what the problem was. Given the other reviews on this restaurant, I can only assume this was an off day.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and each time it gets better. Absolutely delicious. We went back this week and it was once again a real treat. The food is excellent in quality and taste. We were seated on the terrace and it was a wonderful evening. I honestly recommend it as we have never been dissapointed nor by the food or the service. I do however recommend you reserve as it is not a large restaurant or terrace..

2  Thank J d