“Good Morrocan Food”

Chez Tiouiche - Au Bon Accueil
Reserve with
Chez Tiouiche - Au Bon Accueil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 436 Restaurants in Versailles
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is not fine dining but what I imagine Morrocan home cooking to be. The food was excellent, I had a lamb tagine and my vegetarian wife a vegetable couscous. Everything was well cooked and full of flavour. The service was very friendy. Portions are very generous so I would not opt for more than two courses. Price was very resonable. I booked online and had no problem.
There were a number of locals calling in for carry-outs, this must be a good sign. Many restaurants near famous attractions are not worried about return business and thier quality reflects this, this restaurant isn't one of these. I would go back

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had been here 10 years ago, and the same man was running it, so he must be doing something right! It's a simple but tasty couscous based menu. He suggested slight alterations to what we ordered (no extra charge, despite extra food) and it was all tasty.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Monday night in Versailles and nearly all restaurants are closed. We asked at the I formation office if there were any north African places open and they telephoned and asked if Chez Tiouiche was open and it was. Only a short walk down a side street from the Versailles Palace entrance, Chez Tiouiche is a charming little restaurant, a short list of entrees and then tangines or different couscous. All beautifully fresh and spicy. The service is extra friendly and we had a few laughs with the waiter and the chef. Absolutely recommend as a break from the usual French food fare.

2  Thank Lee T
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Couscous was on the top of my list for a recent 3.5 week trip to Europe and I was not disappointed chez Tiouche, which I requested, based solely on fellow travelers' review. After 2 full days sharing Versailles and its magnificent but vast grounds with other tourists, it was very pleasant to be with my French born first cousin and her family in an intimate, small but very lively restaurant.

The owners were quite welcoming, smiling and greeting us with great warmth. Although I did not pay for the meal and don't know its cost, I appreciated the abundance of tender meat, fresh vegetables and tasty broth. Perhaps traditional but everything tasted much better than in L.A., including the mint tea.

There was no need for dessert after such a feast! The restaurant was centrally located but on a quiet street, which proved to me that in bourgeois and fairly proper Versailles, there were attractions other than the Chateau. I will definitely come back!

1  Thank calabasasbroker
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great food, way too much to eat, such a warm wait staff. Locally Chez Tiouiche is know as THE place to go for Tagine. And with reason.