Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Versailles
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over the Christmas period and loved every minute of it.
Hotel wise, it was decorated tastefully and beautiful touches all around the hotel. Service wise, we had to wait over an hour for our room to be ready even though we arrived close to 3pm. But we didnt mind hanging out at the Gordon Ramsay bar for snacks and a welcome drink provided by the hotel. No rush, it was Christmas!

We were in a King Deluxe Pavillon facing room. I didnt mind not facing the gardens. The room was tastefully decorated and with the exception of suites, probably one of the biggest hotel rooms I've stayed in. Unfortunately, its either the lack of proper sound proofing or we just had very noisy guests who didnt bother keeping their volume down staying on the same floor and above us the first night. I was resting before our Xmas dinner and loud thumping of guests above us and kids running outside the room could be heard. UGH.

Was fine for the remaining two nights though!

Breakfast was the usual spread of sausages, bread/croissants, meats, egg and crepe station. Wasnt included as part of our room and at approx. 36 euros per person, the quality was only so-so. But being not too near to town center of Versailles means you are pretty much limited to breakfast choices unless you are willing to make the walk into town. We also tried the room service menu which was lovely. High quality good food - you had a choice of choosing from the GR restaurant or La Varenda menu.

Location wise, its unbeatable if your main reason to visit Versailles is the chateau! It is right next to the gardens of the chateau. We simply walked out of the hotel and after 5 minutes, were in the gardens!! You can also choose to walk to the main entrance which is about 10 minutes away.

We also tried the Spa Guerlain located at the main wing. Celine, my therapist was professional, efficient and so wonderful. Besides the treatment, what I love about the spa is that you can take the lift from your own floor right down to the spa without having to walk through the lobby in your robes. Clever! Swimming pool was heated but rather crowded with kids at evening time, so pick your timing wisely if you want some peace and quiet.

Parking is available on the grounds and the hotel is dog-friendly. Saw so many dogs around and even at our Xmas dinner!

Overall, will stay here again. Thank you Trianon Palace for such wonderful memories of Christmas 2013!

Room Tip: We were in the main wing facing the new wing. Didnt mind the view even though we werent facing the g...
4  Thank technicolour_dreams
Grégoire S, Directeur général at Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate Christmas. We are pleased to read that it is a wonderful memory for you and that you will stay here again.
We do hope that you will not wait until next Christmas and that you will take advantage of our property, our gardens, our terraces and all the surroundings next Spring or Summer.
In the meantime, we stay at your disposal and remain,
Yours sincerely,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,277)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have visited Paris many times. The hotel was easy to reach by car. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I was worried that it would be difficult to visit the Paris museums and attractions since this location is somewhat out of the way. We had no problem however to drive to Paris and back. This time we did not use the subway at all. This was the best overall hotel experience in Paris so far.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Emanuel T

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting Paris, we are pleased to read that this is the best overall experience in Paris so far. As you seem to come from times to times to Paris, we do hope that we will stay your "privileged home" for your next visits.
In the meantime we stay at your disposal.
Sincerely

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Overall, I had a great stay at the Trianon Palace. The staff was very professional and friendly. The room was large, clean and well-appointed. I was upgraded to a room in the main building with a fantastic view of the Palace at Versailles. Really nothing more you could ask for.

The only thing that wasn't perfect about the hotel is it's location. On the plus side of the location, it is very quiet and has great views of the Palace. On the other hand, there isn't anything by the hotel in terms of shops or restaurants. And the hotel is about a mile away from the RER.

Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. I plan on going back with my wife later this year, for a much longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MLGC20
Grégoire S, Directeur général at Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying in the Trianon Palace and thank you for your nice comments. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed you stay with us even if you found the hotel a little far from downtown. I took good notice that you will come back with your wife, be sure that we will do our utmost to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
In the meantime, I stay at your disposal.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We just had new year there. First the good then the bad.
Good: Location, close to the palace, breakfast and restaurant was great. Yann for the new year reception did a great service. Spa & pool are good as well.
The bad: 2 main things, the bedroom were so warm that sleeping was terrible and there were no way to resolve the issue. The thermostat does not work by design! We even had a technician come... The other thing was the concierge advice, essentially they don't say much, we bought the ticket there but we did not know that the last day of the year was the worst of Versailles, so busy that you have to wait in a line of maybe 700 feet long,... if not longer. We learned after that they offer tours with guides for a nominal fee that would have bypassed those lines. So the concierge warning about the main attraction there was way below expectation and made what should have been great a poor experience.

2  Thank YvesSF

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing ou hotel to celebrate the end of the year.
I regret that you left with a mixed feeling about our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you suffered because of the temperature of your room and because of the advices of our concierges which have not been appropriated.
I do hope that you will let us another chance to prove our merits coming back to the Trianon Palace. In the meantime, I remain,
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have a chance to stay here for 1 night during my lay over in Paris. The place is spectacularly--it is a classic, elegant furnished hotel with a touch with modernized facilities. I spent most of my time relaxing in the hotel since they have incredible restaurants and bars. I got an amazing glass of cocktail and meal that night. The spa is equipped with a good size in-door swimming pool with good temperature. Despite there were lots of people using that day, I felt pretty relaxed after short swimming. The breakfast room has an incredible view and have pretty good size selection of food. The hotel is not too far from the town. It is tugged in a quiet part next to the garden of Versailles which is perfect for jogging. If I have a chance to go back to Paris, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor in the main building
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fonexplorer

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Trianon Palace during your stay in Paris and thank you for your nice comments. I am pleased to see that you went to relax and that you appreciated every moment spent with us. I do hope that you will have another chance to come back to Paris, we will be more than pleased to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

First time we stayed and had no problem. On a return visit we were highly disappointed.
1. Never greeted upon arrival
2. Never offered help with bags
3. Ordered late night room service and received a cold turkey club and salad for 65 euros.
4. Staff seemed annoyed I was there.

Will never return.
I stay over 200 nights a year in hotels and would never expect to be treated this way from a Waldorf.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank 131313m

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing once again our hotel to stay in Versailles.
I am really sorry that you have been disappointed this time by the quality of service you received and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you suffered.
As you noticed the service you received has not been up to our standards and to the one your received during your first stay and once again I apologize. I do hope that you will let us another chance to redeem ourselves coming back to the Trianon Palace.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am at the hotel now, and can't sleep (jet lag) so I thought I would write about first impressions, after two days....frankly, reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was very apprehensive about staying at the hotel. In fact, prior to arriving, I asked a staff member who contacted me if the temperature issues were still occurring, and they assured me things had been fixed. They are. My experience has been very different from others on the site. Let me say I have stayed at about 5 Waldorf hotels around the world, so I know what to expect from the chain. I found the staff to be very attentive, helpful, informed, and friendly. Any issue or concern I had was very quickly taken care of....even when pages of the hotel's information book were missing-within an hour, they were replaced. And the concierge (Laura) helped us book dinners at top restaurants in Paris..and knew me, and my requests instantly when I introduced myself. Our suite was delightful, with a very high end, designer feel...I felt like a princess in a palace as fruits, chocolates and marshmallows showed up in the room. The weird bug incidents of others is completely over done. The hotel was built in the 1700's....they aren't built to todays standards, so windows can sometimes be drafty...honestly, you are staying next to a park....bugs are in parks. We were in the main building, so I believe this does add to the experience. The costs of things are similar to other high end hotels so they were not unexpected or out of line with their peers. Tonight we are dining at the Le Veranda restaurant for Christmas Eve. In the room where the Treaty of Versailles was drafted....really that's noteworthy if you are a history buff. I would put this hotel at one of the best in the chain. The pool is beautiful, clean and filled with light. And being able to go swimming in December is again, a neat experience. So far, I have had a first class, delightful experience here.....and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building. It adds to the experience.
3  Thank dutchessofwinward
Grégoire S, Directeur général at Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in Versailles and thank you for your very nice comments.
We are very pleased to see that despite of your apprehension before arriving, you spent a first class and delightful stay with us and that you found our hotel one of the best of the chain. We very much appreciate your comments about our very helpful, attentive and friendly staff.
We are very proud that you felt like a princess when staying at Trianon Palace and that you do not hesitate to return, be sure that we will be more than pleased to welcome you again.
SIncerely,