We stayed here for 3 nights over the Christmas period and loved every minute of it.
Hotel wise, it was decorated tastefully and beautiful touches all around the hotel. Service wise, we had to wait over an hour for our room to be ready even though we arrived close to 3pm. But we didnt mind hanging out at the Gordon Ramsay bar for snacks and a welcome drink provided by the hotel. No rush, it was Christmas!
We were in a King Deluxe Pavillon facing room. I didnt mind not facing the gardens. The room was tastefully decorated and with the exception of suites, probably one of the biggest hotel rooms I've stayed in. Unfortunately, its either the lack of proper sound proofing or we just had very noisy guests who didnt bother keeping their volume down staying on the same floor and above us the first night. I was resting before our Xmas dinner and loud thumping of guests above us and kids running outside the room could be heard. UGH.
Was fine for the remaining two nights though!
Breakfast was the usual spread of sausages, bread/croissants, meats, egg and crepe station. Wasnt included as part of our room and at approx. 36 euros per person, the quality was only so-so. But being not too near to town center of Versailles means you are pretty much limited to breakfast choices unless you are willing to make the walk into town. We also tried the room service menu which was lovely. High quality good food - you had a choice of choosing from the GR restaurant or La Varenda menu.
Location wise, its unbeatable if your main reason to visit Versailles is the chateau! It is right next to the gardens of the chateau. We simply walked out of the hotel and after 5 minutes, were in the gardens!! You can also choose to walk to the main entrance which is about 10 minutes away.
We also tried the Spa Guerlain located at the main wing. Celine, my therapist was professional, efficient and so wonderful. Besides the treatment, what I love about the spa is that you can take the lift from your own floor right down to the spa without having to walk through the lobby in your robes. Clever! Swimming pool was heated but rather crowded with kids at evening time, so pick your timing wisely if you want some peace and quiet.
Parking is available on the grounds and the hotel is dog-friendly. Saw so many dogs around and even at our Xmas dinner!
Overall, will stay here again. Thank you Trianon Palace for such wonderful memories of Christmas 2013!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Grand-style Palace & Pavillion building situated in 8-acre park bordering the Palace of Versailles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trianon Palace Hotel Versailles
- Versailles Trianon Palace Hotel