US$120
US$117
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

US$114
Priceline
US$106
US$94
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Campanile Versailles - Buc(Buc)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$68
A l'Hotel des Roys(Versailles)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$96
Hotel de France(Versailles)
US$116
US$107
3,475 results
All reviewsmain buildinggordon ramsey restaurantbeautiful hotella verandaveranda restaurantpavilion buildinggarden viewguerlain spaconcierge staffmarie antoinetteluxury hotelroom upgradecrepescentral paristrianonpalacesheep
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After traveling through France this was the last night of my trip and decided to stay at Versailles and this property has a great location right next to the palace. The website of the property looks amazing so I was excited for the stay at Trianon. From the second we arrived I slowly become disappointed with the hotel. Arrived around 4:00 on a Friday and when pulling up to the hotel, no valet or bell staff around so I didn't know where to park the car or valet, it took some time before a person came out to tell me and was fairly rude. Check in was nice and we had a large room in the main building (stay in this building). The room size is great, lots of space and the view is very nice as you see the tree lining and goats in the field. Nice size bathroom, but the shower is in the corner of a large bathtub and its a rainfall shower that doesn't move, so your forced to stand in the narrow corner of the bathtub to shower, makes no sense. Went to iron my shirt and there was a cheap iron that hardly worked in the closet.(would expect better at a nice hotel). As the property looks nice from far away when you walk around the grounds you notice its not well maintained, went to the pool, on the website it looks amazing, when we arrived it looked like a pool from your local YMCA with a few chairs around it, highly disappointed. Had drinks in the bar of Gordon Ramsay's place, again it looks wonderful but the service was extremely slow as we were the only ones at the bar and then I watched a couple arrive with a dog and they allowed them to eat in Ramsay's restaurant which really surprised me. We ate at La Veranda as we didn't want such a large meal, the food was excellent but the service unfortunately was very poor. This is a fairly expensive property especially for food but I think they charge up for the location and really fall short on the service and other amenities you would expect at a nice hotel. It could have been so much better but unfortunately they disappointed, I would skip this place and just do the day train to Versailles and stay an extra night in a nice place in Paris.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building its much better and more authentic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MK75NYC
Grégoire S, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in Versailles.
I am sincerely sorry that you were disappointed because the lack of service you suffered, please accept our sincere apologies. I discussed every point you mentioned with the Heads of Departments in order to take the necessary steps.
Hoping that you will let us another chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I checkeded into this hotel for 2 nights July 10, 11,2014. If managed properly this could be a great property--decent rooms and good location to Versailles Palace. HOWEVERfor 350 € a night I expect air conditioning. My a/c did not work and maintenance could not fix it so I asked for a fan and none was brought despite in the requests. The worst was in the morning my legs had three huge bites on them from something that was too large for bedbugs perhaps spiders; and I was sleeping covered with a sheet. The front desk seemed Ike I was irritating them when I reported all of this and argued with me. A very "entitled and aristocratic" staff. If you have to get rid of 300 plus euros you can do it someplace much better.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are in an out building not in the main hotel/lobby/restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Shirley D

Dear Madam,

Thank you for staying with us.
I sincerely apologize for the issues you had and if the behaviour of our teams has not been upto the one it should have been. I spoke to the concerned people and shared your comments in order to correct the points you mentioned. Regarding the bites you mentioned, in fact, because of the humid summer, we have mosquitoes but we take the necessary steps to remedy this situation.
Apologizing once again.
Sincerely

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here so that we could be close to Versailles and get to the palace early. Service was attentive from the moment we arrived, a great combination of a luxury hotel experience without any stuffiness. Our room overlooked the gardens at the back, beautifully appointed, great proportions, huge bathroom and large comfortable bed. It ticked all the boxes. Only one observation if you have long or thick hair you will take an age drying it using their hair dryer so suggest you pack your own. Breakfast is served in the room where The Treaty of Versailles was signed which is a nice touch for the history buffs and it was of a high standard. We also ate a few snacks and dinner one night and all was great. Not the cheapest hotel but really good value, attentive service & we got to the Palace without getting up at the crack to avoid the queues.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the park which was beautiful and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Trianon Palace while in Versailles and thank you for your nice comments. We are pleased that you appreciated the attentive service, the luxury of the place, the comfort fo the room, the great dinner. We took also good notice of your comment regarding the hairdryer and apologize for the inconveneince.
Looking forward the pleasure of your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had always day tripped to Versailles before and thought a night in the country away from the city would be fun. This hotel was recently added to the Amex fine hotels and resorts program, it looked very nice, and we wanted to try the Gordon Ramsey restaurant as well so we decided to try it to break up our Paris trip. We were amazed at the quick trip here by car and the ease and low cost of transportation to the hotel from Paris (only about 130 euros for a minivan).

The property is virtually adjacent to Versailles and made a visiting the castle very easy. The property is quite nice and we were upgraded to a full suite due to diamond status and for booking with Amex. The rooms are very modern, quite contemporary, and large. Make sure you reserve a room in the palace building and specify this because saw the office like building that was the other option and we would have not been happy there. There are parts to this hotel that are quite magical like the goats in the field and the overall atmosphere and feel of the property, but what they really lack here is service. It's almost like you are in this great facility but there is no one there to help you with anything.

Check in was great and we were personally escorted to our room and the luggage arrived quickly. The concierge was top notch but service elsewhere was slow to bad. The dining options are excellent here and if you can sit outside you will feel like you could be in a movie. However, the service in all restaurants with the exception of Gordon Ramsey was poor. For example we were given coupons for free drinks outside on the courtyard. The service was terrible and ruined the experience. Gordon Ramsey was excellent and service was almost perfect. We felt like we got an exceptional meal at a good value and the setting in the restaurant which provided outdoor dining that evening was ideal. We enjoyed it greatly and were glad we were still full from dinner because breakfast was awful. It sounds good, big breakfast buffet, but the food was very low quality and tasted awful. Presentation was lacking to say the least as well. I felt somewhat like I was at an all inclusive bad resort at this point. It was also extremely crowded and definitely had more of a self service atmosphere since the waiters were mainly absent. Skip it and try room service instead, it has to be a better option. The pool area was quite nice but felt somewhat like a European motel inside the pool area. The outside pool deck was very nice however.

The worst part however was checkout. We were given 2 vouchers when we checked in for 10 euros each to be credited to food and beverage charges however, no one explained the parameters around these. (You were supposed to give them to a server) When we asked about the credit at checkout which was not applied to our bill the rude gentleman said if we couldn't present the vouchers to him we would have no credit. Hello can't you see that we didn't use them? He had the bill after all. Really? He was absolutely unyielding and extremely rude about the whole thing. I was embarrassed in front of other guests as he went on and on about having nothing to present to his manager. Apparently employees are not empowered here to make guests happy or solve small problems. After digging them out of our packed luggage that was already loaded in the car he reluctantly applied a credit to our bill. It just left an extremely bad taste in our mouth for the whole visit and all over twenty euros. Will be skipping this one next time around.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay extra to stay in the palace part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mitzicmich

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Trianon Palace.
I carefully read your comments that I shared with all the heads of Departments. I am disappointed that finally you left our property with a mixed feeling and that some lack of service ruined your stay.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the service at check-out and in our restaurant which was not up to our standards, I spoke directly to the concerned people with the view to correct these points immediately.
Apologizing once again and hoping that you will let us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

In addition to its excellent overall quality this hotel has two extra bonuses: best possible location for visiting the Trianon palace and the gardens and a huge indoor pool. Great place for all ages and all season. I stayed there twice and will come back whenever I visit Versailles again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lioubime
Grégoire S, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Trianon Palace and thank you for your very positive comments.
We will be pleased to welcome you again whenever and to make your stay as enjoyable as the previous ones.