We went for a walk with my mother in the park and decided to have lunch at the Trianon Palace and eat outside on the terrace to enjoy the beautiful view.
1. TERRACE - We could not get served outside as the terrace was not opened. In any case, the service did everything possible to remove this idea from our minds. The room was very hot and the windows not opened, despite being in the middle of July.
2. FOOD/PRICE - The lunch was good. Good, not better… despite the 60 euros paid for a starter+main or main+dessert. No originality, too much salt and tepid. I am still wondering where the "guimauve" of my dessert was? The service really show us their disapproval of the fact that we wanted to share the starter & dessert…
3. SERVICE - What a service ! The head waiter, a man, kept "making jokes", making fun of us once he left our table to make his colleagues laugh, leaving us feel uncomfortable and judged. When we left, he even dared telling us to come back next time "with a smile". How disrespectful!
As a conclusion, we expected much more from a 4 star hotel in terms of flexibility, welcome and respect of clients.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Grand-style Palace & Pavillion building situated in 8-acre park bordering the Palace of Versailles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trianon Palace Hotel Versailles
- Versailles Trianon Palace Hotel