Everyone at the hotel from the front desk to the restaurant help is incredibly friendly and polite. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We found this hotel because my cousins live one town over from here, a five minute car ride. Our first stay was three years ago with my husband. I travelled this time only with my son while on a trip to Paris during my visit to him in Brussels during his year abroad. This trip the hot water was not particularly hot and the WiFi was a bit sketchy but overall our experience was very good. With a short walk to the metro which takes you right into downtown Paris and the market which is held in the square right outside the door on Tuesdays & Fridays this is the best location for both an enjoyable Paris vacation and a quieter Versailles visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By staying at the Hôtel du Cheval Rouge you enter into the rich history of Versailles and its Château. Built in 1676, the Cheval Rouge was originally Louis XIV's livery. Since then, the Cheval Rouge has kept up this tradition of hospitality, with friendly service and 40 newly renovated rooms that will make your trip to Versailles restful and enjoyable. At a 5 minutes' walk from the Château, the Cheval Rouge is conveniently located between the three train stations serving Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel du Cheval Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cheval Rouge Versailles
- Le Cheval Rouge Hotel Versailles