“Perfect break in the perfect place!”
Review of La Petite Venise

La Petite Venise
Reserve with
La Petite Venise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 420 Restaurants in Versailles
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, French
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Perfect break in the perfect place!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

What a wonderful stop we had for lunch during our tour of Versailles! I got the Veal Lasagna which was fabulous and very affordable! My boyfriend got a pasta dish which was also lovely. The environment was great as well, Cobblestone floors inside and nice lighting. Perfect for a romantic lunch in Versailles.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank AlexAnkiel

• Korean first
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“All around excellent, outstanding pasta”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is my favorite kind of restaurant. Really classy, but not pretentious, and serving excellent food at a reasonable price. We went at a very quiet time of year, so I'm not sure how different it would be in peak tourist season. The complimentary bread rolls were some of the best bread we've ever had. The simple egg pasta with tomato sauce was superb (fresh pasta), and the lamb with mashed potatoes was simple yet delicious. All the food was very elegantly presented, in a sensible and still easily edible way. Service was just right, friendly and uninterruptive. Prices are a bit higher than average but hey, it's IN Versailles, so that's to be expected. The convenience is worth something. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Daniel Z
Omaha, NE
“Fine dining spot at Versailles”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

While touring Versailles' gardens we looked for a spot for lunch. We landed in this lovely restaurant and enjoyed a glass of wine and lunch. The menu is appealing and the surroundings offer a relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Wimbledon47
Marly-le-Roi, France
“Risotto not cooked!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

A lovely summer day should have been followed by an equally lovely lunch in a beautiful setting. Alas! This was not the case. I ordered the risotto with mushrooms which came out crunchy!! The others in my party ordered salads so they did not have a problem with their dishes being under or over cooked. I wanted to send it back but my husband did not want me to make a fuss and as we were with guests visiting from the U.S., I did nothing. I don't particularly like leaving restaurants hungry! It would appear that La Petite Venise is resting on its laurels given its location. As someone else suggested, pack a picnic and bring a blanket to sit on along the Grand Canal. You will thus be guaranteed a memorable experience!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Marley78160
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Slow the Pace”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Took the train to Versailles from Paris. Suggest getting to /from tickets in paris b/c the line to get ticket back was very long. We could not figure out return ticket option, so we just bought two more of the same in paris...& it worked! The palace was wonderful to see. The garden /grounds are beautiful. I wished we had packed a picnic. But, we did stop@ this place & ordered two beers, bruschetta, & fried fish dish. Fish dish was mostly sardines, some calamari, and four prawns, w/salad. Luckily, I love sardines...& the dish was awesome. Bruschetta was really good....just the right amount of decent food. 40 eu

• Visited August 2013