“great location”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Versailles
Warsaw
“great location”
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I've stayed there for a couple of nights and my feelings are mixed.

Some things I liked: first the location, then the free wifi, and the somewhat helpful staff

Some things I did not like so much: many things broken (including the TV remote), not very clean (but not dirty either), tiny walls, slamming doors all over the hotel at 6 a.m. every morning.

They charged me for a breakfast I did not have ("but you did not tell us you would not have a breakfast") - the French breakfast, that is coffee + a croissant only of course. That attitude definitely spoiled my stay and influenced my rating.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Elwood, Vic.
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We (myself, my partner and our two year old child) spent two nights at Hotel d'Angleterre in June (2007) and enjoyed our stay.
Versailles was lovely and the Hotel is ideally located very close to the Palace and close to the railway station (20 min. approx. to Paris). The shops nearby were great in particular a fabulous Patisserie.
On the down side the room was small and the bathroom was tiny but it is a 2 star hotel and we did not expect anything more for our money. Be aware there is no parking however there is underground parking nearby at a fairly reasonable rate.
We would recommend this Hotel for it's quiet location and its closeness to the Palace and the fab shops.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The bed and the tiny shower
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank greendenham
Denmark
Reviewed 21 August 2006

In july we stayed 3 pers. in a rather small room, it was very hot during night even we had a fan. The fridge did not work, the hairdryer did not work.
The reception was a mess when we arrived. We did not dare to take the breakfast in the hotel.
We read the review on this website and we were very disappointed of the standard.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — It was mwssy
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank AnneHN
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2006

I recently stayed at the Hotel d'Angleterre for 4 nights, but only wish I could have stayed longer. The view from my first floor window overlooking the hotel garden, as well as into the rear of the other local family homes in the nearby street, was quintessentially French and really made me feel part of the Versailles community, as opposed to simply being another tourist staying in a hotel belonging to a multi-national hotel chain. The hotel is situated at the end of a small picturesque street, which was not only peaceful and architecturally interesting (I particularly loved the old wall fountain at the corner entrance to the street - the Palace end), but located no more than a two minute walk from sight of the Palace itself - very convenient for beating the tourist rush!

Breakfast is taken from 7am in a very pleasant room downstairs overlooking a simply stunning back garden; quite the prettiest breakfast room I have ever had the pleasure to sit in. The staff were also very pleasant to me at all times.

Whilst the rooms themselves might not be 'cutting edge', mine certainly was clean and well aired upon my time of arrival and thereafter. I particularly liked the individual Dutch theme of my room, with pictures of windmills on the wall and broadly striped orange and white curtains leading onto a patio terrace (which I did not use). My only slight irritation was the fact there was only one power point in the room which meant I could not watch TV when boiling a kettle, charging my mobile, etc, but it was of little consequence compared to the overall cleanliness and convenience of the hotel.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Hotel d'Angleterre again.

• Stayed June 2006